Bull@#(!

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
Andon

Post by Andon »

The only thing I miss from phoenix is the models. I do think that their "no-nan" thing was interesting, but it was a bit on the unbalanced side
ImageImage
pkk

Post by pkk »

Imago wrote:QUOTE (Imago @ Aug 12 2009, 06:09 AM) What is this bull@#(! about Noir fighting to try and stop people from using his work? That's ludicrous.

Post your copyright office Document Number/Date of Recordation and agreement from Microsoft.
:lol:

Check out the license of the models:
http://www.3drt.com/3dm/license.htm
http://www.3drt.com/3dm/fighters/fighters-shots.htm

QUOTE You are not permitted to:

1) Market, distribute, give, transfer, sell or sublicense the products in any format with the exception of a compiled application such as a video game. If the products are used in a compiled application then the following rules must be strictly followed:

a) The products must be a part of the compiled program.
(files should not be accessible in their native formats (.3ds, .max, .X, .FBX, .dts etc. ) from your program folder)

b) Every possible attempt should be made to protect the products from theft by using resource encryption or some other form of concealment.
(basic archive encryption will suffice)

c) The products must exist only within the program code and may not be rebuilt on a user's computer hard drive from the compiled binary.

d) Every attempt should be made to protect the products from copyright infringement. This includes the methods mentioned in line 1-b but should also include any resources you have at your disposal.

2) sell or distribute the modified products in any format except as part of a compiled application (See line 1 above for compilation terms).[/quote]

TE should better remove nix models from AU... :ninja:
Last edited by pkk on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

3drt.com is some random czech company (more probably just a single individual).

Crediting and linking his site will probably give him more benefit than suing us.

as for the 'so called' "License Agreement" found on that site, well it's not because it's written that it can be enforced or it's legally sound (don't take for 'legal' something because it's written somewhere on the Internet....) and anyway mdl/cvh are concealed forms of model distribution ;)
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

VAMPIRE!
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

Noir put thousands of hours and thousands of dollars into DN, please show a bit of respect and leave Pheonix where it belongs - in DN. I'm sure the last thing he would want is some perversion of his faction into what's already a perversion of his core.
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
MrChaos

Post by MrChaos »

Well if Noir did have up multiple servers, and he did pay for them for the years they where up then Shiz's comment is right.
Ssssh
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

This community does tend to operate based on respect rather than what doing what we are legally allowed to do.

Even if we are legally allowed to use the models + faction name.
Noir made it clear he didn't want that happening.
pnx has a bad name in the comunity.

I would say just leave it be, even if the models are really cool.
beeman

Post by beeman »

I'm a short-timer compared to most of you, but FWIW:

If anything, this community has at its core (no pun intended) the desire to provide the means to allow players the opportunity to gather and play this amazing game, Allegiance, FOR FREE. I understand that many have spent hours of effort, talent, and even money to make this happen - the fruits of their labor are appreciated by all, and keep the community going.

However, to keep this a FREE Allegiance zone, I PERSONALLY believe there ought to be a point where the individual must agree to share the rights of his product with the community - or the community must reject the offer.

With some potential changing upcoming - Omicron Hive and a potential ASGS successor - please consider how we can best keep this a FREE Allegiance zone.
Last edited by beeman on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What if, star sailor, I were to come over your house and punch you in the $#@!ing face?!
Will that finally get you to shut the hell up?!?" -- neotoxin
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

Omicron Hive has been kindly donated to Allegiance by the creator (at least the models, the rest has been hard work on the part of Weed and his team, Ramaglor in particular).

ASGS 3 is being created by the community with a degree of open sourcity so I doubt that there'll be any issues there.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything