Vote for the maps you want to get rid of!

A place to discuss custom maps played by the community.
IB_

Post by IB_ »

I'm sure if its missed I will be told as much and bring it back next update.

And here is a mock up:

Oops I left Emerald on there.
Last edited by IB_ on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slap wrote:QUOTE (slap @ Oct 7 2009, 01:28 AM) good point, I concede.
greenleaf

Post by greenleaf »

IB YOU BREAK MY HEART! HOW COULD YOU! MY FAVORITE MAPS! YOU OBVIOUS-STATING WORHTLESS FORUM WHORE! I HATE YOU! GO DIE IN A COUCH FIRE!
Aviation21

Post by Aviation21 »

Can we just get rid of IO and High-higher?

I am so sick of those two maps! I cannot even see the lines between the sectors anymore because they are worn out!
Team play is all about timing and executing!
mcwarren4

Post by mcwarren4 »

Thanks for the work on this IB. Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't get why Obsidian and Blender are on the list to delete. Obsidian gets played way more often than Amethyst, Palladium or Platinum. I'd bet if there were a way to vote maps 'safe' those two would make the cut, but there is no way to vote to keep any of them on.
Image What Allegiance needs is a little more cowbell. Image
MrChaos

Post by MrChaos »

Camaro wrote:QUOTE (Camaro @ Sep 16 2009, 08:44 PM) I voted for everything.

I am MrChaos and did the exact same thing

WOOT! WOOT! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!
Ssssh
SpaghettiCat

Post by SpaghettiCat »

Pentagram is symmetrical, but it's the only map where the teams do not start in mirror placements. Every other map could if some line was created directly halfway through the map in whatever direction it needs to be, the maps alepths and its main bases will be a perfect mirror of each other. In pentagram this is not true. Whether or not that needs to be remedied I couldn't say. But it is different from every other map in that way. Also sorry for necroing that argument. I do like the suggested change though.
IB_

Post by IB_ »

mcwarren4 wrote:QUOTE (mcwarren4 @ Oct 13 2009, 06:23 PM) Thanks for the work on this IB. Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't get why Obsidian and Blender are on the list to delete. Obsidian gets played way more often than Amethyst, Palladium or Platinum. I'd bet if there were a way to vote maps 'safe' those two would make the cut, but there is no way to vote to keep any of them on.
Just because something gets played doesn't mean people like it, coughnovacoughbioscough.
slap wrote:QUOTE (slap @ Oct 7 2009, 01:28 AM) good point, I concede.
juckto

Post by juckto »

Hey, hate the player not the game map.

+Edit: Also, found an old map of mine on TB's site:

HiCenter

download
Last edited by juckto on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

IB_ wrote:QUOTE (IB_ @ Oct 13 2009, 10:53 PM) And here is a mock up:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/138/safemaps.png
Last one omgwtfbbq!?
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

SpaghettiCat wrote:QUOTE (SpaghettiCat @ Oct 13 2009, 11:52 PM) Pentagram is symmetrical, but it's the only map where the teams do not start in mirror placements.
Actually, you do start in mirror placements. Someone even made an animation explaining how on page 2 of this very thread.