Projectile properties

Development areas for Allegiance core (IGC) design.
Spinoza

Post by Spinoza »

ICE shows two mysterious parameters for projectiles:
Absolute speed = 1
Directional = 1

(sic)

What do these do exactly? (and I do mean exactly)

Side note:
Why isn't there a sub-forum for things which aren't CC or "other core" related topics?
This question for example is about cores properties in general, not a specific core. I only put it in the CC sub-forum for high visibility...
Image Image Image
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

IIRC:

Absolute speed = whether or not the ship current velocity is added to the initial projectile velocity. If you want the exact velocity formula, it's in CweaponIGC::FireWeapon(...) (igc\weaponIGC.cpp).

Directional = cosmetic only. whether or not the 2D sprite used to render the projectile has a "direction" (affects the rendering when looking sideways).

"other cores" has sub-forums for every core but it's also a forum, may be you didn't notice this because you need to scroll a bit down.

This is usually where "Core editing/ICE" topics are posted.
Adam4

Post by Adam4 »

To the movemobile!
Spinoza

Post by Spinoza »

QUOTE Absolute speed = whether or not the ship current velocity is added to the initial projectile velocity.[/quote]
I thought that was it but I wanted to be absolutely sure... :unsure:

I think many if not most people don't know that bullets can inherit ships speed.
Probably even fewer realise that it's not the same for diff weapons.

Wikification: If I don't hear opinions to the contrary, I'll add this to the wiki ICE and perhaps other pages.
*grunt*
Image Image Image
Valiance

Post by Valiance »

Spinoza wrote:QUOTE (Spinoza @ Jul 3 2009, 05:37 AM) I thought that was it but I wanted to be absolutely sure... :unsure:

I think many if not most people don't know that bullets can inherit ships speed.
Probably even fewer realise that it's not the same for diff weapons.

Wikification: If I don't hear opinions to the contrary, I'll add this to the wiki ICE and perhaps other pages.
*grunt*
I didnt because when in an ezekials sabre on rps with ff on you can catch up to your own bullets
ImageImage