Learners

The land-based version of Allegiance, under construction.
Valiance

Post by Valiance »

MrChaos wrote:QUOTE (MrChaos @ Aug 14 2009, 10:52 AM) After re-engaging my brains and manners I withdraw the Python question since as they say in the big world, it's a done deal. I did read the manual linkee for Python and both the short lessons and the manual are pretty good ones. The lack of a developer studio makes one job much harder. I had a two hour long fantasy of programming for your endeavor especially with the lead developer being Finn and Sammy being the boss of bosses but reality stuck it's head up and gave me a smack.
Finn? I think you mean Scratchee, foo.

Why the name change, Finn?
ImageImage
finnbryant

Post by finnbryant »

well, im known as scratchee on irc, so i wanted to keep it consistent.

also, its better to keep your real life and internet life separate, otherwise people on the interent discover emabarrising things about you like you once got drunk and fell asleep in a pub toilet... then got locked in and had to call the police...

...yeah

:D
Last edited by finnbryant on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

We see everything on Dropbox anyway :ninja: .
Andon

Post by Andon »

sambasti wrote:QUOTE (sambasti @ Jun 29 2009, 03:25 PM) For python errors: We use .bat files made with notepad to run our programs. However, they close when the program is done, so in order to see the error report, you need to open the command prompt, type the command manually, then look at the error report generated in the command prompt.

Code: Select all

cd C:\*insert directories here*\*programfolder*
ppython *program name*

Insert the items in the **, and you have the orders to run the program.[/quote]

You can add >> and then a text file to drop the results in.

So you could have your .bat file read
python testprogram >> testprogramresults.txt

and it would generate testprogramresults.txt (or overwrite it) with everything that happend
ImageImage
finnbryant

Post by finnbryant »

actually, i found a different solution, if you add "pause" to the end of the bat file, it keeps the window open until the user exits it.