MS Source Art Released!

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Recently I contacted Peter Arisman (repete), MS Art Lead for Allegiance, and asked him if he had any scraps left from his time on the project.

What I recieved were 32 compact disks covering the entire scope of the game's development artistically. I haven't had the chance to go through everything yet, so I don't know if there are any file repetitions, but there should be High Res textures for just about everything as well as some high poly models and who knows what all.

I think Bard has graciously offered to host everything, and Mesial will probably mirror much of it if not all. I haven't spoken with BV, but some of this will probably make its way to the academy eventually as well. Right now I'm just trying to organize everything and see exactly what we have. I'll also try to make up any high-res packs that can easily be created. However there is a lot of content here, so we will probably be digging quite a while before we utilize it all.

Anyways, here's a teaser off the first disc, an early cover design/wallpaper:

I'll keep you guys updated of what I find and might need help with.
Okay, I think I have the torrent thing figured out. Not only will it speed things up, but also help catch corrupted files. Instead of doing the entire archive at once, I'm splitting each CD into a separate download.
http://www.matchfiregames.net/allegiance/a...Codex/Torrents/ //I think the torrents in this link is dead(tracker is piratebay)
There you'll find the .torrent files, there's only a couple there now, but I'll be adding the rest soon, so check back often.

Filetypes:
The .pic's are image files used by Softimage, google can find a photoshop plugin, or you can open them with Softimage ModTool.

You can get ModTool at www.softimage.com, and it does most of the stuff the full version does, just with an output limit of 64000 polys per model and 512x512 max texture size.
There are a lot of softimage databases. Each ship/station/whatever has a folder with a ton of subfolders for all the attributes one could save in a scene, like models, shaders, lights, animations, 2d and 3D textures, etc. In the scenes subfolder you'll find .dsc scene files which will grab the appropriate models, textures, lights, etc from the other folders in the database and load them all up for you.
The models by themselves will be the .hrc files. The Pictures subfolders usually contain the textures in .pic form, sometimes you'll find bmp's or .psd's there as well.

Table of Contents : Arisman Codex

Disk01 - In Game movies, screenshots of rocks/menus, & some random bits from the Dreamcast port they were fiddling with. 238MB
Disk02 - Huds, Menus, Title screen, Wallpapers. 231MB
Disk03 - E3 Box Art. 112MB. 87MB
Disk04 - Old E3 Box Art (the giant poster)
Disk05 - In base screen (Hangar). Original Softimage scene for it.
Disk06 - Materials/Storyboard of opening Cutscene, Datanet art, T-Shirt/Hat, and images for Time Magazine article
Disk07 - Cutscene materials: fake newspaper clippings
Disk08 - Cutscene Softimage databases.
Disk09 - Premiere Project (?) for cutscene, audio stuff mostly.
Disk10 - A mass of .pic images. Sequence of asteroid hitting earth from Cutscene.
Disk11 - Avi-1: Movie segments from Cutscene
Disk12 - Avi-2: More movie segments
Disk13 - Avi-3:
Disk14 - Avi-4:
Disk15 - Avi-5:
Disk16 - Softimage 3.7, the program used for all the modelling. I may not upload this (Can't use w/o license file anyways). www.softimage.com makes a free version called ModTool that seems to open up the old databases pretty well.
Disk17 - Softimage files disk1: models/textures for utility, parts, flag platforms, missles, etc.
Disk18 - Bitmaps_2: HUD, GUI, and explosions
Disk19 - Cutscene fixes in Softimage
Disk20 - Cutscene movies + some Bios/Belts texture source.
Disk21 - Datanet text. Really only 150kb, I may stuff it in with something else.
Disk22 - Faction Logos/medals/wallpapers, Softimagefiles for some ships and wreckage.
Disk23 - Marketing stuff, all stuff MS put on the original Alleg site.
Disk24 - Miscellaneous, explosion movies.
Disk25 - Bitmap_1: Nebplanets softimage files, landing bays.
Disk26 - Softimage_disk2: All ships
Disk27 - Softimage_disk3: Space ambiance: alephs, build sphere, nebulas, asteroids
Disk28 - Softimage_disk4: Stations
Disk29 - Logo and Hanger Door animation stuff.
Disk30 - .X Files for all models. Probably similar to what we already have in artwork repository on svn.
Disk31 - Clipart 01 : final .X files/textures used for game(?), Concept Art, Faction medals + animated banner adds, Sound effects, Damage/Cammo skins, & a 9 second movie with a disgustingly sexy Rix Garr that I haven't been able to find the softimage project for.
Disk32 - Clipart 02: Alleg Story Bible, 256x512 planet textures/softimage files, miscellaneous.[/quote]

I made a new version of the source and placed it on opentracker

The torrent is without the Softimage cd(cd16) which would be illegal to download... TORRENT DOWNLOAD

Zapper

p.s. Thanks again Pete!
Last edited by Adaven on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valiance

Post by Valiance »

i thought rix was added later...
looks pretty awesome though =]

how much in say... mb is 32 compac discs?
ImageImage
parcival

Post by parcival »

Awesome!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
" There is good in everyone. You just need the eyes for it. "
AaronMoore

Post by AaronMoore »

This is fantastic, thanks Peter!

I can't wait to dig around those files.

hmmm hi res goodness :P
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Valiance wrote:
QUOTE (Valiance @ Feb 10 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i thought rix was added later...
looks pretty awesome though =]

how much in say... mb is 32 compac discs?

Rix was made public after the game was released, but the artwork was done much sooner. Bios and Belts were the last faction artwork to be completed.

~700 mb is what a CD can hold, but these disks are not all full. So far the average has been 400-500 mb.
CronoDroid

Post by CronoDroid »

Yay! No more ugly red crap!
Andon

Post by Andon »

Holy @#(!! Talk about awesome
ImageImage
Dark_Sponge

Post by Dark_Sponge »

Aaron Moore wrote:
QUOTE (Aaron Moore @ Feb 10 2009, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't wait to dig around those files.

ditto
ImageImageImage
badpazzword

Post by badpazzword »

:psyched:
Have gaming questions? Get expert answers! Image Image
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

O M G !

32! wow!

what res is "high res" ?

we talking the 512*512 we've found some things in? or even bigger?
Last edited by madpeople on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.