Training Core

Development areas for Allegiance core (IGC) design.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

Mr. Kltplzyxm wrote:
QUOTE (Mr. Kltplzyxm @ Jan 19 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make Gat mountable on ints. I need to be able to switch gun types without having to dock. This is extremely valuable for me to teach with.

There should also be Ammo versions should also be almost unlimited. (Ammo T)

Lastly, lead indicators for figs and ints need to be disabled.

Ammo capacity is a ship value, not an item value unfortunately. I might create a training int and give it the ability to mount gatts, that would also let me change its ammo value to some ridiculously high number for practice. I don't want to go changing default CC equipment so you can still use it if you want to. I might want to take an int out for a normal duel to see how my student is progressing for example.

girlyboy wrote:
QUOTE (girlyboy @ Jan 19 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(lead indicator comments)

Pretty much as you said, if you want to fly without it the best way to do this is with FF on. One team DMs are also nice because there is no loss of eye for practice and you usually only have one base to launch from so there's not a lot of travel time. In reference to Mr. K's post above, I could disable the actual lead indicators on TF but I find that to be one of their defining faction points. I have found it useful for students to go TF to see the lead reticule (or turn dev on and get a carrier out for the same effect) as it helps them see where they should be aiming their shots. Afterwards I let them have a go without the lead.

amsunaakage wrote:
QUOTE (amsunaakage @ Jan 19 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This core will only lack of one thing, which is the realtime/realstatus practicing.

Like what if we really wanna practice on realtime strategy, like every 15 min a scout should go to nan the EWS Probe 1 while have to every 20 min nan the EWS probe 2.

Or practice on real damage affect, or any other similar conditions only provided on other cores.

I'm not sure what you mean about nanning EWS probes. If by "realtime" you mean "with real equipment" then yes, its still available in the training core. I haven't removed anything from CC_03, only added the training equipment on top of it.

Gat 1/2/3 are still available and are the same as in CC. Same for all of the other guns, mines, missiles, probes, etc. The default loadouts are also the same, so if you grab an interceptor for example, its still loaded with mini2, fuel and ammo. You can leave it like that, or switch the weapons to mini T if you want. They're selectable in the dropdown menu like any other weapon type. You can still upgrade the tech as well, so if development is on you can still buy an expansion and upgrade the mini2 to mini3 and play with that if you want. Mini T is still available whether you upgrade or not, it doesn't get replaced.
Last edited by Xeretov on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kltplzyxm

Post by Kltplzyxm »

Xeretov wrote:
QUOTE (Xeretov @ Jan 19 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ammo capacity is a ship value, not an item value unfortunately. I might create a training int and give it the ability to mount gatts, that would also let me change its ammo value to some ridiculously high number for practice. I don't want to go changing default CC equipment so you can still use it if you want to. I might want to take an int out for a normal duel to see how my student is progressing for example.

An int trainer able to mount gatt with virtually unlimited ammo would be perfect.

Add a scout trainer with low ammo use and high hull will be teh roxxorz.
Last edited by Kltplzyxm on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

Mr. Kltplzyxm wrote:
QUOTE (Mr. Kltplzyxm @ Jan 19 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Add a scout trainer with low ammo use and high hull will be teh roxxorz.

Hrm, are you asking for a flyable training scout with lots of ammo and hull? Or a drone scout with the same for target practice?

If the former, I can just up the ammo count and hull strength of the current training scout. Its still able to nan too, if thats what you need it for. The latter would also be simple to make.
Kltplzyxm

Post by Kltplzyxm »

No drone, just a super tough scout that you could fly. Ability to nan is not important.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

First post updated. I've changed the LR probe to 8000 scan and 1000 sig and added in Mr. K's requests for new ships (see section 2c).

Kap's suggestion on mining speed is still in the works, I need to do more testing on it to see if it works out properly.
Dark_Sponge

Post by Dark_Sponge »

Xeretov wrote:
QUOTE (Xeretov @ Jan 18 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure if nan drones will work (anyone have experience with these?) since they basically have to be told to attack their own constructor. Drones are also predictable, but I can work on getting a nan drone and maybe a con or bomber drone running as well if people want them.

Nanning drones do work. They have a couple quirks though.

1st, You must order them to nan from the f3 menu to make them heal your targets.
2nd, When not ordered (idle) they follow their default programming (which is to attack any enemy they spot in the sector). If you have them equipped with a nan this means they will chase down the enemy and heal it.

But there is a way around this:

Give them both a healing gun and a damaging gun and make them fire from the same gun mount at the same rate.
(make sure the nan is in slot 1)
Then make the damaging gun do more damage than the healing gun (a gat1-ish amount or whatever you want).

I think a Training Core is a great idea. You can check out the work I've done on Nanning/Bombing/Attack Drones in the drone support core (dsc_01.igc) on beta.

Feel free to borrow anything you find useful.
Last edited by Dark_Sponge on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

First post updated.

Dark_Sponge's work with his drone core has proven useful, especially the idea regarding nan drones. Thanks Sponge!

The core is now available for testing on the beta servers. I've had several of my squadmates crash at random but it seems to be R5/beta related rather than core related. More help pinning this down would be great. My biggest concern is with the custom F3/minimap icons for the new ships, fuel & ammo. They crashed my game on a private server until I used a different program to convert the file format. A cursory check to see that the icons work for anyone doing testing would be great.

Anyone that wants to get together for a test or chat, feel free to PM me. Otherwise leave your feedback in this thread.
Last edited by Xeretov on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kltplzyxm

Post by Kltplzyxm »

Oooh... another request: pretty please!

2 things:
1) Make the training scout a hvy scout capable of carrying a turret.
2) Give the turret the ability to mount any type of weapon. Ideally, I would like to be able to mount gatt in the turret's slot. Will have gunners sitting in my scout while I coach.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

Wouldn't making extremely large clips of ammo in ships add to the weight making everything handle like a belter ship? If it's possible I think it would be easier just to make mini/gatt's consume less ammo.

Sorry if that's already been said, I skimmed some of the comments pretty quick.
Last edited by Shizoku on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andon

Post by Andon »

A) Ammo numbers in ships has no effect on mass
B) Ammo item has a mass number, but it's mass, codewise, is always 0
ImageImage