sw 102 is online

Discussion / Announcement area for Star Wars Core (SWC) development.
ninja_monkey

Post by ninja_monkey »

how do i play it? I saved PKK's link to the artwork but its still out of sync after i updated
TheBored wrote:QUOTE (TheBored @ Dec 11 2008, 02:08 AM) Several will say "but X uses <joystick/mouse> so it must be good!"
Several will say "I use <joystick/mouse>" and contribute nothing else
A newbie or two will say "oops... I've been using a keyboard :blush: "
PsycH will say "be a real man, use a trackball"
And that's it :)
pkk

Post by pkk »

There is only the "new" core file on AU, not a single artwork file...

Full SW artwork/cores:
http://www.german-borg.de/cores/sw_artwork.zip
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Makida

Post by Makida »

Ah, I just unzipped the folder pkk mentions and placed the folder into the Allegiance artwork folder, and it seemed to work.

I was curious, so I just tried it by myself (i.e. only one team), on a regular map, and nothing crashed. However, after a while, the game disconnected from the lobby -- this was after about 1/2 hour passed, though. As soon as I ended the game, it re-connected again... I don't know if this has anything to do with the core itself, though, since these things sometimes happen. >_>
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

Adaven wrote:
QUOTE (Adaven @ Dec 31 2008, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Except Raveen modded the BIOS and Giga models to include the Empire and Rebel "logos", with "new" .mdl's for the old models to tell them to use the modded textures. So even though they look like giga/bios, Alleg sees them as completely unrelated.

IC and Belters bases actually. It's their position within the core file that's important (the id that ICE assigns to them).

The biggest problem for compatability would be if the Giga Garrison were not included as this is the default garrison used in the vast majority of custom maps.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

my starwars core = fail

:)
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
shibbyx1

Post by shibbyx1 »

Got an Acces Violation as my Carrier Ripped low to a TP, i had all sectors but 2, was on one of the most used maps in alleg.

Split Second after it ripped it crashed :S

Oh well i got my PEW PEW LASERZ!
Image Image
quote 'djrbk I'm quitting Allegiance unless someone quotes me on something I said in their sig