Coding

The land-based version of Allegiance, under construction.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

Hey guys, Radruin seems to have gone AWOL, so we need a new person to step up and head the coding division of the project, I'll try contacting Rad to see if he is still around, but my guess is that he's just gone away or doesn't have much time.

If anyone has considerable experience with coding and is willing to try making a dent in this project (as well as possibly recruiting a team if needed) then they are more than welcome to in this thread.

I'm not sure what Rad started or how far he got so give it a couple weeks.
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
finnbryant

Post by finnbryant »

oops, should have looked for this thread before making mine, the lack of reply's caused it to slip under my radar.

I do not have the "considerable" experience you request, but am perfectly happy to work on this while no-one else is and if a more capable person comes along, to hand over the lead role.

that said, I think we need to work collaboratively if this is going to happen, so why not just let everyone who's interested jump in?
see this thread for info on how I might go about getting this project going.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

I'm gonna try again to get Redruin replaced with you.

It didn't go down well with TE the first time for some reason a few months ago ... think I caught him on a bad day or something
Last edited by Cadillac on Mon May 25, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
Imperio59

Post by Imperio59 »

I'm here too. Going to write the server.
sambasti

Post by sambasti »

Can I have mod powers too? I want to be able to pin the gameplay threads. :P
finnbryant

Post by finnbryant »

i think its best to bug TE as little as possible, we're only on this forum due to TE's kindness, and he has a pretty stressful time from all accounts, if we catch him on a really bad day, he might just say "$#@! it" and lock the entire forum and tell us to find a new home.

after all. this is a different game, technically we really should be on a separate forum, we're only here cause we're so small and the communities are so interlinked...
Last edited by finnbryant on Tue May 26, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

Finn Bryant wrote:QUOTE (Finn Bryant @ May 26 2009, 07:21 PM) i think its best to bug TE as little as possible, we're only on this forum due to TE's kindness, and he has a pretty stressful time from all accounts, if we catch him on a really bad day, he might just say "$#@! it" and lock the entire forum and tell us to find a new home.

after all. this is a different game, technically we really should be on a separate forum, we're only here cause we're so small and the communities are so interlinked...
Lol don't worry about it, I secured us a sweet deal with this forum and it isn't running out any time soon. :)

Besides the change has already been implemented, you wouldn't want me to bug TE again now would you? :lol:
Image Image Image
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

Yeah I had plans to buy a male bondage slave if things went tits up with TE and Pook, but there really is no need now.
Last edited by Cadillac on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
finnbryant

Post by finnbryant »

gah! theres an edit button next to all the posts... now im going to have to exercise self control!

But thanks for sorting that out, I should probably do some cleaning up in here at some point.

sorry for being off-line for a few days when all this interest has been kindled, end of uni year and ive been alternately sleeping and drunk/stoned due to leaving parties...