ICE 3.40 BETA

Core Editor
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

New ICE 3.40 available.

http://code.google.com/p/allegice/

Due to major new features, it's in BETA. PLz use the GoogleCode Issues tab to report issues directly. From now on, I'll use this system only for future work on ICE. The source (VS2005) is also available there.

NEW IN 3.40:
  • 'validate' button to find next error (find common errors in core, but not all of them). You need to fix the current error and click again to find the next one.
  • Enhanced navigation between objects: shorcuts buttons and/or links everywhere to jump to referenced objects (successors, projectiles,...). Works also on tech tree numbers.
  • "return button" (blue button middle low) to return to previous object after using 'Enhanced navigation'. Clicking twice alternate between the last 2 objects.
  • switchable DM/AC editing. Allows reverse editing: choose an AC and view/edit all DM for it.
  • other minor bug fixes and UI updates.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Awesome!

Especially the "Devel" and "No Devel" things
ImageImage
Vlymoxyd

Post by Vlymoxyd »

It's pretty good. The validate button found more errors on my core :) It still won't load, but I guess I'm closer now.

I really love that feature.

But I found a problem, the global values are no longer explained, unless it's just not as obvious anymore.
"Désolé pour les skieurs, moi je veux voir mes fleurs!"
-German teacher

http://www.steelfury.org/
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Absolutely awesome Kage, As ever you have exceeded all expectations.
Last edited by apochboi on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
pkk

Post by pkk »

KGJV wrote:
QUOTE (KGJV @ Oct 11 2008, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PLz use the GoogleCode Issues tab to report issues directly.

Nope, I don't register a account at google... :glare:
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
parcival

Post by parcival »

GJ and `yt!!!
Minor glitch: The about box says ICE 3.30.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
" There is good in everyone. You just need the eyes for it. "
BlackViper

Post by BlackViper »

Great work. One minor comment, not sure if there is anything you can do about it. I have the "snap to" feature enabled on my mouse. If I click an item in the menu of ICE it automatically goes to the save button. Makes scrolling through items a bit of a pain. Not even sure if there is anything you can do to block that. I guess my only option is to disable the snap to feature on my mouse when in ICE.
Always in the Shadows...
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

BlackViper wrote:
QUOTE (BlackViper @ Oct 12 2008, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great work. One minor comment, not sure if there is anything you can do about it. I have the "snap to" feature enabled on my mouse. If I click an item in the menu of ICE it automatically goes to the save button. Makes scrolling through items a bit of a pain. Not even sure if there is anything you can do to block that. I guess my only option is to disable the snap to feature on my mouse when in ICE.

hum good find, i just tried it when snap-in is on.

It's something i can fix, because ICE UI is built with 'dialogs' instead of "standard windows" (i know i know it's not clean,..but it's an old legacy from ICE 0.1 :P )

that 'save' button is the 'default button' of these dialogs that's why the mouse jump to it.

I'll change that.
Last edited by KGJV on Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Vlymoxyd wrote:
QUOTE (Vlymoxyd @ Oct 12 2008, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I found a problem, the global values are no longer explained, unless it's just not as obvious anymore.

It works for me. However, sometimes (With any version of ICE) it doesn't load the names of the globals, and you have to re-start ICE for it.

Kage - Would it be possible to get a 'Hide' filter? To not show any thing that uses the pre number? Like if you did 'Hide' on #78, you wouldn't see the starting ships
ImageImage
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

Vlymoxyd wrote:
QUOTE (Vlymoxyd @ Oct 12 2008, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's pretty good. The validate button found more errors on my core :) It still won't load, but I guess I'm closer now.

I really love that feature.

global values names are in the ice.ini file which should be in same dir ICE.exe is.
Last edited by KGJV on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.