Soilder class?

The land-based version of Allegiance, under construction.
My_Muffin

Post by My_Muffin »

Im just wondering.
i see people working on weapons and damn sweet transports and stuff.
but seeing how its grounded shouldn't it be based around the infantry units more?
like stealth units as snipers
bombers as demolitions
miners as in miners who go in gorund

i like the idea of vehicles. im just wondering if the infantry are going have to rely on them. (yes i know the upper is irrelavent to my actual question lol)
Muffin's hungry...
Arson_Fire

Post by Arson_Fire »

Well the idea is to get something closer to a land based Allegiance rather than battlefield 2. Sure infantry will be used, but the focus is on vehicles.

Battlezone 2 is the most similar game I can think of.
redavian

Post by redavian »

Arson_Fire wrote:
QUOTE (Arson_Fire @ Oct 12 2008, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the idea is to get something closer to a land based Allegiance rather than battlefield 2. Sure infantry will be used, but the focus is on vehicles.

Battlezone 2 is the most similar game I can think of.

i pray that no flying vehicles get put it though, itll totally ruin it
Arson_Fire

Post by Arson_Fire »

I think there are already plans for interceptors and dropships, possibly others.

Although that stuff will be core dependant.
My_Muffin

Post by My_Muffin »

all right thanks i was just wondering.
either way the game should be sweet from the looks of it.
Muffin's hungry...
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

We are vastly undermanned for this project though, if you want to help out you are more than welcome, even just ideas, and if you know other guys who would be interested in this stuff (even if they do not play Alleg) then please tell them, we need everything we can get.
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
My_Muffin

Post by My_Muffin »

I'll keep an eye on it =)
Muffin's hungry...
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

Also we do intend to work infantry into the game, and have them as a viable class to play.
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
My_Muffin

Post by My_Muffin »

sweet =D so will factions have a specifc character look or will the all be suited up people?
well what i mean wil each faction have special abilites for each infantry? like belters could be faster, bios hav regenerative abilites or shileds etc?
Last edited by My_Muffin on Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muffin's hungry...
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

They will most likely be suited up, however it is likely that the suits will have varying designs for different factions and may even have different shapes for the alien factions. I'm sure that the infantry woulds hopefully have the same perks and nerfs as the factions.
Image Image Image