Petition for help from ICE Gurus

Core Editor
Dark_Sponge

Post by Dark_Sponge »

Been racking my brain trying to fix this. 1st a little history to help explain the problem.

I made commander deployable probes for the new core I'm working on. I used existing rescue probes, sancts, and beacons for the factions that had them, then duplicated a normal probe (with adjusted settings) for the factions that didn't have a probe that costs money. Then I had the problem of the server crashing when probes were ordered to build on alephs. I fixed that by giving them a projectile so the AI knows what range to build at. Then (later) I notice that all the factions I created the new deployable probe for are no longer able to use countermeasures....at all.

So TF, IC, and Belts all work fine, but for every other ship in every other faction countermeasures don't exist. I can buy counter 2 + 3 but can't mount them, take them in cargo, or even see them. Ship load-out and ICE flags on ships are identical in my core to cc (hell, counter 1 doesn't even have flags). I didn't change the ships either so that's not it. My only clue to what the problem could be is that TF, IC, and Belters still work. Getting desperate I changed all the settings on my deployable probe to be exactly identical to IC's rescue probe (except flags of course). Still nothing.

Has anyone run into a problem like this before/have any ideas?
ImageImageImage
Adam4

Post by Adam4 »

Try setting the only pre to EWS1.
Dark_Sponge

Post by Dark_Sponge »

Adam4 wrote:
QUOTE (Adam4 @ Aug 29 2008, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try setting the only pre to EWS1.

Wow it worked! Thanks man. How did you know that would fix it?
ImageImageImage
Adam4

Post by Adam4 »

You wanted it available to all factions. All factions have EWS1. As it was the only pre, and assuming it had no defs, it would not override any CMs.