Faction: Faction X

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
zdude1994

Post by zdude1994 »

This sounds like mini-caps. I like it :)
Andon

Post by Andon »

Here are some nice numbers. Likely to change once actual testing commences though.

Ship Stuff:
Ship Speed: 0.75
Ship Accel: 0.85
Ship Turn Rate: 0.7
Ship Turn Torque: 0.7
Ship Shield: 1 (No actual shields, however, I may have some 'armor plating' - still undecided)
Ship Shield Repair: 1 (See above)
Ship Sensors: 1.25 (Most ships will have a lower than usual scan range - Figs, Ints, etc. Others, like the Scout, will have regular scan ranges. Then the modifier, of course)
Ship Signature: 0.8 (NOTE: This is the ICE number. This ends up being 125% regular sig.)
Ship Energy: 1
Ship Hull: 1.5 (Take note that they have no small ship shields at all, and even most capitol ships have no shields)

Station Stuff:
Station Hull: 1.5
Station Hull Repair: 1
Station Shield: 1.75 (Very heavy shields on the things they can mount them on)
Station Shield Repair: 0.65 (However, they regenerate much slower)

Weapon Stuff:
PW Range: 1.1
EW Range: 1.1
PW/EW Damage: 1.1
Missile Tracking: 0.85
Missile Damage: 1.1

Economy Stuff:
He3 Yield: 0.9
He3 Speed: 0.4
Miner Capacity: 1.4
Research Cost: 1.25
Research Time: 0.25
Starting Money Modifier: +0.25
Payday Modifier: +0.1

Thoughts?
ImageImage
redavian

Post by redavian »

theres gonna be one @#(! of a strong starbase you got there.

main worry here is the shields, which imo are over the top (1.6 would be fine)
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Andon wrote:
QUOTE (Andon @ Aug 20 2008, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ship Signature: 0.8 (NOTE: This is the ICE number. This ends up being 125% regular sig.)

It's actually 120%
Andon

Post by Andon »

From what someone said, the faction numbers as such are either a direct multiplication: IE, 1 * 0.8 or they are direct division: IE 1 / 0.8. 1 / 0.8 is 1.25

I shall go check, though.
EDIT: Setting the faction modifier to 0.8 and a ship's base sig to 100 makes the ship have a sig of 125

EDIT: Redavian, their shields are strong, yes, but they have a slow recharge.

With normal recharge and heavier shields, it takes almost twice as long to recharge the shields: 175% as long. Then you divide that by 0.65 - 269.23% time to recharge to full. I don't know the exact math so I can't say exactly how long that would be, but it's two and a half times longer than any baseline faction.

And also, bear in mind the fact that these are simply numbers that I THINK will be balanced. Playtesting will be needed regardless of what numbers are chosen
Last edited by Andon on Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Cheezits

Post by Cheezits »

This looks really cool, but you need a new ship too. Belters have Omni's, rix have SR's, etc ect. What's Faction X's?
redavian

Post by redavian »

Cheezits wrote:
QUOTE (Cheezits @ Aug 27 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This looks really cool, but you need a new ship too. Belters have Omni's, rix have SR's, etc ect. What's Faction X's?

whats ics? technfluxes? nixs?
maybe one cap, that cant mount nukes or cruise, that can mount shields, and the shields are immensely huge
Andon

Post by Andon »

Cheezits wrote:
QUOTE (Cheezits @ Aug 27 2008, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most factions don't have special ships.

And my plan for a SY is to have it have only one capitol ship, but with many things to research that you can put on it, IE better guns, armor plating, shields (Well, armor plating would be put in the shield slot), better turrets, some missiles, different kinds of guns/turrets/missiles, etc.

The SY may also house some special tech for each techpath, like a special EW for Sup, armor plating for ships for Exp, better AB weapons for Tac, Miner upgrade for garrison, perhaps.
ImageImage
Andon

Post by Andon »

I've been doing some preliminary work on them. I should be able to run some tests on them in the next month or so
ImageImage
redavian

Post by redavian »

Andon wrote:
QUOTE (Andon @ Aug 23 2008, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EDIT: Redavian, their shields are strong, yes, but they have a slow recharge.

With normal recharge and heavier shields, it takes almost twice as long to recharge the shields: 175% as long. Then you divide that by 0.65 - 269.23% time to recharge to full. I don't know the exact math so I can't say exactly how long that would be, but it's two and a half times longer than any baseline faction.

defending against a bomb run as bios, do bios get helped in anyway by their shield recharge perk? no, so why would low shield recharge be a nerf when the base shields are $#@!ing huge?