question

The land-based version of Allegiance, under construction.
Beez

Post by Beez »

I'm not sure where i heard this, but a while ago, i saw that there was a suggestion that quantus could be based in both space and on the planet's surface, but recently, i've been seeing things that point to this being a surface-based game

so here's my question: is quantus going to be just a surface-based game, or is it going to be both a space and a surface game?
cause i think it would be really cool to have both

an idea for switching between planet and space: transports could carry troops to and from the surface of the planet
there could also be multiple planets, with space having sectors like it does in Allegiance, and with planets having much smaller sectors on the surface
Never give up.
Even when all seems hopeless, don't give up.
If you keep fighting, losing is only a possibility.
If you give up, losing is a guarantee.
Never give up. -Beez
HSharp wrote:QUOTE (HSharp @ Apr 18 2009, 03:15 PM) I was deadly serious about Buyo and him almost being thawrted by a probe wall, had there been better probe spammage on that green door that exp would have not gotten capped.
Arson_Fire

Post by Arson_Fire »

The current plan is just planet based. We already have allegiance for space.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

Though it would be cool to have a Freelancer like system of entering and exiting space, allowing us to possibly encorporate both games into one, we have more than we can handle as it is smile.gif
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
the_dare

Post by the_dare »

maybe in a long long off expansion pack!
Makida

Post by Makida »

Maybe Quantus could be incorporated in some future iteration of Allegiance Wars, with the two teams having to play a regular Allegiance game to secure a portion of the map, and then a game of Quantus to secure a specific planet in the region to gain some additional benefits. ^_^
Virex

Post by Virex »

Something we should certanly consider is fighting inside orbital instalations, which of course would cause all kinds of interesting effects with failing gravity and launch bay doors opening at the "wrong" moments. But also adding a real orbital section would probably be too much work at the start. That doesn't mean that the development team should ignore the option when coding though. Its always better to have the option to add it later on.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

Orbital installations would add a unique dimension to the game, but they would have to be completely effect-based, it depends whether we will be able to actually see them when you look up into the sky, but you certainly wont be able to launch from them.

But then it brings the question of how they would be destroyed, I guess we could make them alien stations that we have to build a certain struction like a signal tower in order to control them, but then would that be deviating too far from the concept of Alleg?
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
Arson_Fire

Post by Arson_Fire »

I would like to open the possibility of seeing a newbie tumbling through space in a tank.
Makida

Post by Makida »

With Strauss playing in the background?
wizlawz

Post by wizlawz »

girlyboy wrote:QUOTE (girlyboy @ Jan 8 2009, 02:55 PM) Maybe Quantus could be incorporated in some future iteration of Allegiance Wars, with the two teams having to play a regular Allegiance game to secure a portion of the map, and then a game of Quantus to secure a specific planet in the region to gain some additional benefits. ^_^

Agreed!! i am all for that.

:thumbsup:
Pipe Dream
PLAY WELL, FIGHT HARD!!!!