My faction idea

Development areas for Allegiance core (IGC) design.
worlok3753

Post by worlok3753 »

Ok my idea for a new faction is sort of based on parasite invested humans who can still control their thoughts and actions the only difference is the crave to destroy. I don't have a name for the faction yet (I am bad at making names) so I could use some help. Also I don't know what to do with the ICE zip file or if I need the source code to make a new faction. I would like a quick tutorial on it and also some help. I already have some pretty good story ideas for the faction all I need is to fill in the name blanks.
Darkness comes shining with the glory of defeating the false light.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

i would recommend you play more before trying to make a faction, it's a lot of work (mostly making models)

reading about ICE would also help (ability to look things up in ICE is useful and teaches you things about the game)

basically, note down your ideas, put them somewhere safe, play the game, play about with making models and looking up things in iCE, look at your ideas in two years time - when you know what can and can't be done in game, and you have enough experience in using the tools for making factions.
capn_Spencer

Post by capn_Spencer »

Agreed. Making factions isn't just click, click, click and done. Well... for the most part it is. But it's not easy by any means. Make sure you devote some time to it. Don't start creating and editing until you're familiar with the game mechanics and have mastered many of the programs that are needed for faction creation.

I'm happy to see how enthusiastic you are. Who knows. You could become a good Allegiance developer one day with your attitude. Good luck with your future faction creations. See you in game!

PS: If I sound like I know anything about designing, I don't. I'm just saying. Make sure you got your stuff down before jumping into the fray.

GL!!!

edit: Am I good at spelling? Nope. EDIT!!!
Last edited by capn_Spencer on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worlok3753

Post by worlok3753 »

Um guys I've actually played alliance for over 2 years I just haven't made a forum account. I on accidentally pressed the wrong button then saw the parent signing form and said CRAP out loud and then...yeah haven't gotten around to actually making it till now.

Edit:Also where do I go to read about ICE? And I already have an Idea for a new weapon A hook that only can connect to the front of an enemy craft and then drains energy but the enemy craft is forced to face you which is good for bombing run defense. Also the weapon should be able to attach to pods to the fighter/scouts armor up while getting the other pilot back to base.
Last edited by worlok3753 on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

worlok wrote:
QUOTE (worlok @ Jun 2 2008, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um guys I've actually played alliance for over 2 years I just haven't made a forum account. I on accidentally pressed the wrong button then saw the parent signing form and said CRAP out loud and then...yeah haven't gotten around to actually making it till now.

Edit:Also where do I go to read about ICE? And I already have an Idea for a new weapon A hook that only can connect to the front of an enemy craft and then drains energy but the enemy craft is forced to face you which is good for bombing run defense.

2 years and can't even spell the game's name. Right.

Moving thread to correct forum.

TB
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
[18:48] <Imago> dont take me seriously
worlok3753

Post by worlok3753 »

Sorry I just was on the phone listening to my friend blab about world of warcraft and I was thinking about the alliance in that not this game when I did that I'm sorry if I offended some people.

Edit:How do I make a new faction without destroying an old one? Also how do I make new models for ships, bases, and weapons?
Last edited by worlok3753 on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

fingerpaint
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
worlok3753

Post by worlok3753 »

Finger paint?
capn_Spencer

Post by capn_Spencer »

Um guys I've actually played alliance for over 2 years I just haven't made a forum account. I on accidentally pressed the wrong button then saw the parent signing form and said CRAP out loud and then...yeah haven't gotten around to actually making it till now.[/quote]

My story as well. Except without exiting, yelling "CRAP!", or being here for two years. wink.gif

world of warcraft[/quote]

AH! IT BURNS! (No offense... not that offense should be taken...)

Also where do I go to read about ICE?[/quote]

I've heard of an old thread/guide on ICE being made a while back. I think it was moved. Ask around for it, because I'm not sure where it is or how to access it currently.

/Me looks into it.

PS: Here is a good modeling tool: Milkshape 3D

edit: If the link doesn't work I'll see about fixing it.
Last edited by capn_Spencer on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juckto

Post by juckto »

First off, read this
  1. Ok my idea for a new faction is sort of based on parasite invested humans who can still control their thoughts and actions the only difference is the crave to destroy.
    No affect on gameplay. Therefore not an important idea
  2. I don't have a name for the faction yet (I am bad at making names) so I could use some help.
    See above
  3. Also I don't know what to do with the ICE zip file or if I need the source code to make a new faction. I would like a quick tutorial on it and also some help.
    There is no such thing as a quick tutorial. It's a very complicated program to read, let alone modify to create a new program. You don't need the source code.
  4. I already have some pretty good story ideas for the faction all I need is to fill in the name blanks.
    Once again, no affect on gameplay
  5. Also where do I go to read about ICE?
    http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=23300
  6. And I already have an Idea for a new weapon A hook that only can connect to the front of an enemy craft and then drains energy but the enemy craft is forced to face you which is good for bombing run defense. Also the weapon should be able to attach to pods to the fighter/scouts armor up while getting the other pilot back to base.
    Not possible with game code. I mean, jeez, have you seen anything even remotely like this?
  7. How do I make a new faction without destroying an old one?
    By learning how to use ICE
  8. Also how do I make new models for ships, bases, and weapons?
    With a model editting program. Like milkshape. And don't ask me where to get milkshape, just $#@!ing google it.
Last edited by juckto on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.