Generic Core Icons

Discussion area for user-created Allegiance models, textures, voicechats, music, and other ingame content.
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

I've been working a set of generic core icons i possibly might include into the community core.

Here

If you want them zipped for you to use, please drop me a private message, and i will send them to you, There is 79 icons in total, i didnt include them all into the webpage.

drew
Your_Persona

Post by Your_Persona »

apochboi wrote:
QUOTE (apochboi @ May 19 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been working a set of generic core icons i possibly might include into the community core.

Here

If you want them zipped for you to use, please drop me a private message, and i will send them to you, There is 79 icons in total, i didnt include them all into the webpage.

drew

Don't know if you have done this or not, but it would be amazing to have icons for:
TT
HTT
MF
ASS
Crusier
DES
-->>Elitism<<--
I'm not Hamlet. I don't take part any more. My words have nothing to tell me anymore.
AaronMoore

Post by AaronMoore »

Awesome Apoch! mrgreen.gif

They r clear and concise, and easy to recognise.

Thanks for doing this,

wub.gif
Adam4

Post by Adam4 »

Im sure he's done them YP, not all are on that page smile.gif
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Hi YP, On the link i gave everyone on the initial thread, it has all the icons for them ships there, well for the ones you were looking for anyway smile.gif
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

Destroyer and Devestator are a bit too similar but apart from that, very good work.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

could change the D for dev to a DV to spell it out a bit?
Dark_Sponge

Post by Dark_Sponge »

Are these only for the CC core? I'd love to use them for the drone core if you wouldn't mind.
ImageImageImage
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Here they all are for you, i mis-calculated, there is 82 icons in total.

icons
Clay_Pigeon

Post by Clay_Pigeon »

This is a total necro, but one of my gripes about the DN icons is that there isn't very high contrast between some of the letters (particularly A and H). I'm thinking of adv scouts vs hvy scouts in particular. I usually have to squint for a while before deciding if its still an A, or if the enemy just got hvys. Perhaps we can use a more graphical approach to scout icons.

For instance:
Basic scouts: same icon, except the left facing triangle is not filled in.
Adv Scouts: same icon, lose the A
Hvy Scouts: Same icon, but add a stripe through the "body" of the icon to keep the "seeing eye" look, but clearly differentiate it from adv scouts. Lose the H.

Alternately, just use the dot system in GoD and A+: Basic (no dots), Adv (1 dot), Hvy (2 dots)

An additional suggestion is that letters should add information to the icon that isn't already present. For instance, there is only one type of mustang and its icon is already different from other ships, so the M is repetitive. Ditto for the c in (GT) corvettes and the o in outposts. There are so many different kinds of capships, that its reasonable to add a letter or two to help clue the player.

PS. I like the icons BTW. I just figure "since they're being changed, I might as well ride my hobby horse"
Last edited by Clay_Pigeon on Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Cor 12:9
"Never know how long I've waited, anticipated your smile pressed against mine." -Running