ICE - Globals

Core Editor
Andon

Post by Andon »

This is not a guide. This is not a howto. This is simply a list of Globals and what they do. Any ones I left empty I do not know, so please tell me what they are if you do know

LensMultiplier - This effects the Z variance of asteroids in the maps
RadiusUniverse - This effects how wide the asteroids and alephs are placed. The F3 grid does not change from this
OutOfBounds - This effects how far out the player is before the 'Sector Boundary Exceeded, Turn Around!' sound plays
DownedShield - This is the amount the shield is at when the 'Warning - Shields Offline!' sound plays (IE 0.1 = 10%)
SecondsBetweenPayday - This one's obvious.
CapacityHe3 - The amount of units of He3 a miner can hold
ValueHe3 - The cost in credits of what each unit of He3 is worth
AmountHe3 - This is the amount of He3 in a standard He3 asteroid
MountRate - This effects how fast equipment is mounted to a ship
StartingMoney - Again, obvious
WinTheGameMoney - This is the number of credits needed to win via the 'Economy' win setting
RipcordTime - The base time used for ripcord in seconds
He3Regen - How fast He3 regens on a rock
Points* - These are the points found in the end of the game for doing things, like killing miners, capturing bases, etc
RatingAdd -
RatingDivide -
Income - The amount paid at each payday
LifepodEndurance - The amount of time (in seconds) that a life pod has before it explodes
WarpBombDelay - How long it takes for an Aleph Resonator to detonate the aleph
LifepodCost/Turret/Drone/Player Cost: What each item is worth when taken into account for sector overload
BaseClusterCost: The amount each sector is worth for Sector Overload
ClusterDivisor -
UNUSED - It's, well, not used.
ImageImage
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Interesting note on Seconds between payday - It also effects treasures/floating cash spawn rates. 1 sec paydays will quickly fill your sectors up with floating tech and cashboxes.
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

Corrections:

LensMultiplier and RadiusUniverse are also used with OutOfBounds to compute the "Sector Boundary Exceeded, Turn Around!" warning.

The formula is:

Code: Select all

ShipR2 = ShipPositionX * ShipPositionX  + ShipPositionY * ShipPositionY +  (ShipPositionZ * ShipPositionZ /  (LensMultiplier * LensMultiplier))

OOB = OutOfBounds * RadiusUniverse * RadiusUniverse

if ShipR2 is greater than OOB than "Sector Boundary Exceeded, Turn Around" occurs and damage over time is applied.

DownedShield - actually it serves 3 purposes

* fraction of shield under which "base capture" is possible
* fraction of shield under which a ship (not station) collision model change from the 'shield ellipsoid' to actual "ship collision shape" (cvh).
* fraction of shield under which the shield doesn't absorb any more damage

the sound 'Warning - Shields Offline!' is only triggered when damage leaks thru the shield and hits the hull, whatever the value of the DownedShield global.

RipcordTime - AFAIK it's not used anymore (Used to be a factor when generating rip times in cores from the AZ database).

Additions:

RatingAdd and RatingDivide : these are constants used in the formula when adjusting a player Combat Rating (CR). the CR was an AZ only leader board stat.

ClusterDivisor - part of sector overload calculation. Global divisor applied to a sector after all costs have been added.
Last edited by KGJV on Fri May 09, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

To be complete, you forgot these:

ExitWarpSpeed : speed gained when exiting an aleph (added to current speed)
ExitStationSpeed : initial speed of ship when launching from a station
Andon

Post by Andon »

Hah, I did miss those. thanks. I'll update in a few
ImageImage
Compellor

Post by Compellor »

I realize this thread is a year old, but it's (AFAIK) the go-to thread for information on globals in ICE, so I figured I'd post here, in the hope that no one else gets confused.

KGJV wrote:
QUOTE (KGJV @ May 9 2008, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DownedShield - actually it serves 3 purposes

* fraction of shield under which "base capture" is possible
* fraction of shield under which a ship (not station) collision model change from the 'shield ellipsoid' to actual "ship collision shape" (cvh).
* fraction of shield under which the shield doesn't absorb any more damage

the sound 'Warning - Shields Offline!' is only triggered when damage leaks thru the shield and hits the hull, whatever the value of the DownedShield global.

I tested this, and it seems that the above is... a bit confusing. The first and second points are correct, it's the third that's a problem. Station shields will not permit any damage done to the hull until the shield is all the way down, regardless of this global. The global only affects stations in terms of the first point, capturing.

When ship shields fall below the fraction set by this global, they will actually duplicate damage - the hull takes full damage as though the shields are down, but the shields also take full damage, but only if you hit the ship itself! Below this fraction, the ovoid shield collision model is gone, so you have to hit the ship's collision model to damage the now-useless shield. The fact that you continue to damage the shield isn't pointless - the shield is continually recharging, so the the more damage you do to it, the longer until it rises above the DownedShield fraction and becomes useful again.

My tests: I created a core with this fraction set to 0.9 instead of 0.1. With friendly fire on, I attacked my own op con with gat or seeker. With seeker, I noticed that even though I was only doing 60 damage against a ship with 300 shields, some damage was getting through. Presumably 30 damage (15 with hull modifier), hard to tell. With gat, I noticed that I could be visibly hitting the hull, and the shield and hull were both being damaged even though the shields were still at 80%. If I aimed in such a way that my shots would not impact the hull, but would still hit the shield, then about half my shots went into empty space, and half impacted the shield, while the shield remained at 90% and the hull took no damage. I then grabbed a bomber so I could hit it with AB and see how much damage gets through. From that, I'm pretty sure the damage is being duplicated rather than divided between shield and hull.

Implications: If you have small shield 1 in cargo and you're considering equipping it even though you might be eyed, consider that if DownedShield is set to 0.1 and SS1 has 150 hp total, then you have to have at least 15 shield hit points for the shields to matter at all. With a recharge rate of 2 (ignoring faction modifiers), that means you have to wait a full 8 seconds after mounting before you really have shields up, and even then it's only one hit point. If mount rate is 0.2, then after pressing ctrl-7 you have to wait 13 seconds for your shields.

Bios have 135 shield for ss1, and a recharge rate of 2.5, which reduces downtime from 7.5 to 5.4 seconds.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
Beyond a shadow of a doubt if you don't watch them like a hawk they will stack their collective balls off - MrChaos on Alleg players
Andon

Post by Andon »

Hrm.... interesting results.

Maybe we should put this info on the Wiki
ImageImage
Andon

Post by Andon »

ImageImage