Suggestions?

Discussion / Announcement area for Battlestar Galactica Core development.
redavian

Post by redavian »

bsg base models?

oh yeah, and do cylons have a symbol? cos the bios one doesnt fit for them
Andon

Post by Andon »

The cylons do not have a symbol - Something that's been irking me from the very beginning.

Grimm - most of those problems have been fixed with the latest version of BSG core - That happens to be on a Hard Drive that I can't get info from at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to have it sometime this week
ImageImage
redavian

Post by redavian »

Andon wrote:
QUOTE (Andon @ Oct 19 2008, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The cylons do not have a symbol - Something that's been irking me from the very beginning.

how about just writing cylons in a cool font, with maybe a simplistic picture one of their more symbolic ships
Andon

Post by Andon »

Grimmwolf_GB wrote:
QUOTE (Grimmwolf_GB @ Oct 19 2008, 06:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just tried the core:

Rocks are too far out. Mining takes AGES.
When Refs finish building, one hears: "Teleportation receiver completed"
Build the hvy battlestar: beautyful, huge, first shot from main guns: crash.

Is it possible to rename the stations? (Not sure about that) Expansion, tactical and supremacy don't fit the core/tech, it adds to the confusion.

The adv vipers have three weapon slots, but one can only use 2. The older version is still available, why?

The core looks interesting. Check it with KGJV's new ICE to fix known problems and we might put it back on GPZ. I'd love to see another BSG event.

Alright, finally got around to re-doing the changes, since I'm not going to have access to the HD that it's on for a while yet, and there are some issues that were not covered with it.

Refs: Colonial refinery now has the proper sounds.
Asteroids: I've reduced the 'lens multiplier' from 1 to 0.5 (Regular alleg is 0.2) and the radius from 7000 to 6000 (regular alleg is 5000).
Heavy Battlestar: the sprite that I had used for the Super-Heavy was in the default Allegiance artwork. However, the game seemed not to like it. I have therefore changed the sprite.
Rename stations: The actual stations can be renamed, but their 'tabs' in the F5 pane cannot, which is why I have not changed them.
The Advanced Vipers should have a third gun, a 'Light KEW' that uses secondary ammo (Read: Energy). It should come available when adv vipers do. Because of this, they were not available in non-development mode (Since fixed).
There are two versions of advanced vipers that are slightly different. The Mark VII has more missiles, ammo, fuel, hull, and the third gun. The Mark II has better turn rates, mass, thrust and speed.

The 'validate' function of ICE didn't catch any of these errors - it would be pretty difficult to do so. (They did, however, catch some invalid overrides.)

Other fixes that will be included in the next version include the repair ship not being overridden by another ship, the repair gun not being overridden by KEW2, ship loadouts, and a few other minor things.
Last edited by Andon on Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage