Suggestions?

Discussion / Announcement area for Battlestar Galactica Core development.
Andon

Post by Andon »

If you have any suggestions for the core - Balance, more diversity, more X, more Y, etc, please post them here.
ImageImage
infamus5
Location: Having a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster at Milliway's (I'm on my FOURTH)

Post by infamus5 »

the black bird is WAY TO SLOW and needs some KEW's I've seen that thing in action on the REAL show your version is inacurate and needs a model update allso turn the battle stars into mobile bases instead of carriers cause' thats what they really are
"Should'a been, could'a been, worse than you would ever know. The dashboard melted, but we still have the radio." -Modest Mouse

The universe is as simple as it is complicated -ME!
Andon

Post by Andon »

infamus5 wrote:
QUOTE (infamus5 @ Apr 22 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the black bird is WAY TO SLOW and needs some KEW's I've seen that thing in action on the REAL show your version is inacurate

The real version doesn't have guns. Also, the speed IS a bit slow, but that's to compensate for the very, very low sig and high scan range. I probably will increase it somewhat, but not until I've had some feedback from the event on saturday

and needs a model update[/quote]
Yep. As soon as I get a Blackbird model, I'll put it in. Until then, though...

allso turn the battle stars into mobile bases instead of carriers cause' thats what they really are[/quote]
I would absoloutely LOVE to, but the code doesn't support that. They're going to be carriers as soon as the CVHing for them being carriers is done.

Thanks for your input!
ImageImage
Mordechaj

Post by Mordechaj »

oh and, please nerf cap's rotation, because this way lighter craft can't outmanouver them, and that's just wrong tongue.gif
Image "South of the Alps and East of the Adriatic, paranoia is considered mental equilibrium..."
Gwyll

Post by Gwyll »

If possible, add a free scout to the Cylons, the cost of the SR Raider can harm them, since the colonials get the free scout/lead indicators.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Cylon Raiders ARE scouts. They have a very high scan range and can lay probes. The only thing the [SR] version has is the lead indicator and small rip.
ImageImage
ninja_monkey

Post by ninja_monkey »

cylon figs are too strong.
One of their missiles does 7000+ damage.
And the CF needs armour plating.
TheBored wrote:QUOTE (TheBored @ Dec 11 2008, 02:08 AM) Several will say "but X uses <joystick/mouse> so it must be good!"
Several will say "I use <joystick/mouse>" and contribute nothing else
A newbie or two will say "oops... I've been using a keyboard :blush: "
PsycH will say "be a real man, use a trackball"
And that's it :)
Andon

Post by Andon »

CF = ?
The missile that does 7000 damage is the anti-ship missile. If you manage to hit anything but a ship or a base with that, you're doing good. Especially since it does 0.125 damage against light and medium armors - Which is any piloted ships except capitol ships and any utility ship
ImageImage
zdude1994

Post by zdude1994 »

Better handling, as in more side thrustage. The ships slide too much!
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Just tried the core:

Rocks are too far out. Mining takes AGES.
When Refs finish building, one hears: "Teleportation receiver completed"
Build the hvy battlestar: beautyful, huge, first shot from main guns: crash.

Is it possible to rename the stations? (Not sure about that) Expansion, tactical and supremacy don't fit the core/tech, it adds to the confusion.

The adv vipers have three weapon slots, but one can only use 2. The older version is still available, why?

The core looks interesting. Check it with KGJV's new ICE to fix known problems and we might put it back on GPZ. I'd love to see another BSG event.