TF Heavy Scout gunmounts

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
starfighter

Post by starfighter »

...that is, the way they're arranged in the loadout. With the gatmount being first and the nanmounts after it, you don't get the "on-target"-reticle if you want to make use of both nans, since the GAT takes the first slot. Even if you remove the gat, you still get no reticle, due to first mount being empty... In a way it's good that the loadout arrangement for triple gunmounts follows a pattern "middle-side-side", but that pattern really hurts the TF Hvy Scout, and makes it really hard to crossnan with heavy scouts. Well, I usually just use one nan anyway, but it's still a huge oversight that makes the adv. scout better when it comes to dual nan. I mean, why does it cost you to downgrade your scouts' repair speed? (granted, heavy scout trumps adv. scout in about every other way, and has a turret, but still)

edit: a suggestion as to how to fix it might be a good thing to include as well...

So basically, having the first two mounts be able to carry the nans should be all there is to it (as far as someone who doesn't know the particulars of the ship code goes).

Unless it's a problem with how the mount compatibility is handled, as it appears the first mount is usually the only exception of all the mounts in a ship?
Last edited by starfighter on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sushi

Post by Sushi »

EpsionX wrote:
QUOTE (EpsionX @ Apr 8 2008, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...that is, the way they're arranged in the loadout. With the gatmount being first and the nanmounts after it, you don't get the "on-target"-reticle if you want to make use of both nans, since the GAT takes the first slot. Even if you remove the gat, you still get no reticle, due to first mount being empty... In a way it's good that the loadout arrangement for triple gunmounts follows a pattern "middle-side-side", but that pattern really hurts the TF Hvy Scout, and makes it really hard to crossnan with heavy scouts. Well, I usually just use one nan anyway, but it's still a huge oversight that makes the adv. scout better when it comes to dual nan. I mean, why does it cost you to downgrade your scouts' repair speed? (granted, heavy scout trumps adv. scout in about every other way, and has a turret, but still)

Good point... but there's a trick that avoids this problem.

You can select which gunmount is the one affecting the reticule.

How? Just hit the number of the gunmount you want to use twice: once to make it the only active mount, and once to switch back to all guns. Although all guns are still active, the number you hit last is the one deciding when your reticule is green or red. So, in the case of TF heavy scouts, just tap '2' twice. Problem solved!
Last edited by Sushi on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
starfighter

Post by starfighter »

Sushi wrote:
QUOTE (Sushi @ Apr 9 2008, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good point... but there's a trick that avoids this problem.

You can select which gunmount is the one affecting the reticule.

How? Just hit the number of the gunmount you want to use twice: once to make it the only active mount, and once to switch back to all guns. Although all guns are still active, the number you hit last is the one deciding when your reticule is green or red. So, in the case of TF heavy scouts, just tap '2' twice. Problem solved!

Ah, didn't even know that before now... I always just assumed it picked the first gun in the list, or the active one. Actually, I don't recall seeing this in academy anywhere, might be a good addition if it isn't there already.
juckto

Post by juckto »

In the same manner, you can get the reticle for your belter fig to work off the miniguns, instead of the gats.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
Rand0m_Numb3r

Post by Rand0m_Numb3r »

yes you can jucto
you just turn it on and off viva keyboard numbers and it will use that one for the lead/target indicator
Beyond the clock tower.
IB_

Post by IB_ »

I'd actually like the nans to mount in slot 1 and 2 so you don't have to mess around with selecting gunmounts when you want to nan.
slap wrote:QUOTE (slap @ Oct 7 2009, 01:28 AM) good point, I concede.
Psychosis

Post by Psychosis »

learn to aim beez, if you rely on the targeter to nan, you need to learn to aim. Try removing the little targeting reticle for a week or two, that usually helps