Please put this on AU

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
pkk

Post by pkk »

http://cores.german-borg.de/dn_000460nn.igc

I've got enought from crashs, because of Nix.

All I did was disabling the faction.

Thanks.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
ImmortalZ

Post by ImmortalZ »

Information on how exactly it is possible to crash servers using Phoenix is PMed to you TE. It's 100% reproducible.
pkk

Post by pkk »

The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Keep in mind that GPZ is running the server in debug mode - Several aspects of Warp Core 1.1 crash it in EU but not in any other server
ImageImage
pkk

Post by pkk »

Andon wrote:
QUOTE (Andon @ Apr 4 2008, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep in mind that GPZ is running the server in debug mode - Several aspects of Warp Core 1.1 crash it in EU but not in any other server

Keep in mind you're wrong. wink.gif
Andon

Post by Andon »

I was simply stating information that I was told by Apoch.

And it does make sense - GPZ running in Debug (AFAIK), Warp 1.1 crashes it, but the SAME THINGS on Warp 1.1 not crashing the other servers
ImageImage
Tigereye

Post by Tigereye »

Removing the entire faction because its models exacerbate an Allegiance.exe bug is kind of a cludge... I'll do it if it's the only way to stop the crashes, but I'd prefer to solve the problem more elegantly if possible.

The root cause of the crashes is a bug in allsrv/allegiance, and can be theoretically reproduced by ANY ship of ANY faction. The Phoenix ships just make it much easier to take advantage of the bug.

The offending Phoenix models... can they be tweaked somehow to behave the same way as the models of all the other factions? Perhaps I can just put an updated model on AU instead to bring Phoenix in line with the rest of the factions.

If not, then I'll remove Phoenix entirely by pushing the core you posted here.

--TE

The Allegiance community currently hates their sysadmin because he is doing: [Too Much] [____________|] [Too Little]
Current reason: Removing the PayPal contribute page. Send Bitcoin instead: 1EccFi98tR5S9BYLuB61sFfxKqqgSKK8Yz. This scale updates regularly.
aarmstrong

Post by aarmstrong »

Doing easily what others find difficult is talent; doing what is impossible for talent is genius. -Henri-Frederic Amiel
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

AAmrstrong put my efwun fitty on au now
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker