You Suck at Allegiance

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
juckto

Post by juckto »

Lesson Index:
  1. Patience is a virtue
  2. Overboost and You
  3. Missiles miss
  4. Dummies for dumbs
  5. To the left, to the left
  6. Stay on target
  7. The most important button
  8. STFU
  9. Bonnie Tyler Durden
  10. Blaze of Glory
  11. How to pod with pods
  12. Luke, you've turned off your targeting computer!
  13. Look before you leap
  14. Yeah baby, take it all off!
  15. Spray and Pray
  16. Pound it like you mean it
  17. Proxing people

Lesson One - Patience is a virtue

"My name is juckto, and you suck at Allegiance. You do, you're awful, and that's why you're here. Today we're gonna start with something really basic, but for you this is gonna be, like, stupid hard, advanced."

Dropping prox the instant you pass through an aleph

Dropping prox one second after you pass through an aleph

------

For anyone who doesn't recognise the quote, here is the inspirational Youtube video.
Last edited by juckto on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
IB_

Post by IB_ »

I normally wait till at least my screen isn't warped by the aleph any more. Should I be waiting a fraction of a second longer?
Last edited by IB_ on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slap wrote:QUOTE (slap @ Oct 7 2009, 01:28 AM) good point, I concede.
ogorass

Post by ogorass »

What I do is target the aleph just before entering and watch the distance when on the other side. Drop when I reach 250-300m.
IB_

Post by IB_ »

That seems like effort. I think I'll just stick to ints.
slap wrote:QUOTE (slap @ Oct 7 2009, 01:28 AM) good point, I concede.
Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Also, dropping prox behind the aleph, but oriented correctly is a nice safe way to camp.
My Sig
Curiosity

Post by Curiosity »

The title = 'You s*** at Allegiance'

That title is... discouraging. For me. A n00b. And other n00bs. sad.gif
CronoDroid

Post by CronoDroid »

Don't take it that way dude! Everyone talks trash about other players. It's part of any game, really. Just use it as a helpful guide to get better.

(Also it's based off a comedic web video called "You suck at Photoshop" if you actually read the thread and saw the link)
juckto

Post by juckto »

Lesson Two - Overboost and You.

My name is juckto, and you suck at Allegiance. You suck so much that no one likes you, no one wants to be your friend. I'm not your friend, the commander is not your friend, and most importantly of all the Booster button is not your friend. Look, I'm not 100% sure, but I think the reason the Booster doesn't like you is cause of the pounding you give it every night.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
Weylin

Post by Weylin »

The one time I DID drop immediatly is when I suspeceted a stealth HTT to be entering the aleph right after I got through, and since they usually enter from behind the aleph to avoid an eye from anyone exiting the aleph, the prox dropped right away will cover the area behind it.

Otherwise if someone is chasing you through an aleph and are dumb enough to follow, or if you simply need to camp an aleph in defence, then yes, you want to be well outside of it before you drop, but no so far out that they can easily makea 90 turn and hardly take any damage.
Last edited by Weylin on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juckto

Post by juckto »

Lesson Three - Missiles miss.

My name is juckto, and you suck at Allegiance. It has come to my attention that many of you have failed high school physics, and so I've created some diagrams to explain a few things. Now, if you get bogged down in all the technical details within the diagrams, don't worry. Just ... go have a lie down until your brain stops hurting. We won't notice your absence, I'm sure.

Right Angles.
Targets slower than you.
Targets faster than you.