You Suck at Allegiance

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

You all suck for not playing more!
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
bassfishin69

Post by bassfishin69 »

IB_ wrote:QUOTE (IB_ @ Mar 30 2008, 08:41 AM) That seems like effort. I think I'll just stick to ints.
I agree
-BASS
bassfishin69

Post by bassfishin69 »

Adept wrote:QUOTE (Adept @ Jun 15 2010, 06:42 AM) Very nice juckto :thumbsup: Here's a few pics from me illustrating the size of the prox field and the four second activation time.

4 second drop when somebody is chasing you.

Since the field deploys behind your vector, the chasing enemy clears it just as it activates. Prox fail.

4 second drop, head on.

This time the prox activates just as the bomber hits it.

I hope this helps illustrate the mechanics a bit.
Excellent diagram
-BASS
GoodWill

Post by GoodWill »

I really liked these lessons and the intros. Hehehehe
The prox-lesson at such though doesnt help very much because it is so obvious.

If it were a lesson on swordsmanship it would be:

1. Figure out where the blade is. Hold your sword on the other end: The handle.

2. Try to pierce the blade-end into your opponent.

Do you guys prox from F3 or ... ?
Last edited by GoodWill on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyNighthawk

Post by JimmyNighthawk »

GoodWill wrote:QUOTE (GoodWill @ Nov 20 2011, 06:24 PM) Do you guys prox from F3 or ... ?
"-- I should try that," she said.
Beschenkt die Starken!
Schröpft die Schwachen,
und die Armen schlagt ans Kreuz!

Wir hängen nicht am Leben,
doch an einem Traum!
link120

Post by link120 »

GoodWill wrote:QUOTE (GoodWill @ Nov 20 2011, 01:24 PM) I really liked these lessons and the intros. Hehehehe
The prox-lesson at such though doesnt help very much because it is so obvious.

If it were a lesson on swordsmanship it would be:

1. Figure out where the blade is. Hold your sword on the other end: The handle.

2. Try to pierce the blade-end into your opponent.

Do you guys prox from F3 or ... ?
I prox from f5
juckto

Post by juckto »

The correct quote is

"Hold the blunt end and stick the pointy end into what you want to die"
Last edited by juckto on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
MajPackrat

Post by MajPackrat »

juckto wrote:QUOTE (juckto @ May 30 2008, 05:53 AM) Lesson 8 - STFU

My name is juckto, and you suck at Allegiance. Today we're gonna do something pretty advanced. I realise this may be jumping ahead a bit much for many of you, but ... well, frankly I'm sick of you talking to me. Allegiance is not your $#@!ing blog, and I don't care if the depths of a British coal mine isn't as dark as your soul. Most of all, I'm sick of you broadcasting Voice Chats to the entire team when you really, really, don't need to so today I'm going to show you how to shut up.

You may know how to "Private message" a single person by using the tab key. And you may know that afterwards, you have to cycle back to "Team chat" to talk to everyone else. That really sucks, but don't worry - my version of "private message" has a happy ending!

Which VC am I talking about? There's two above all others that get spammed all the time, and for no good reason. In fact, because they get spammed so much they get ignored all the more! The only person you need to send wither of these VC to is the ship you're flying towards. Not me. Not when I'm 5 sectors away trying to nan a miner.
Point your ship at the person you want to talk to (Advanced users can skip this step). There is almost no reason to ever send these PM to someone in a different sector.Disengage mouse control (oh look, the most important button has another use!)Drag a box around the person you want to talk to.You now have that person selected. If you drag a box over multiple people, you select them all.Tell the person "You've got them" or that "You need a pick up". Don't $#@!ing spam the whole bloody team!Here's the happy ending - because you clicked on them instead of tabbing their name, you don't have to cycle back to team chat afterwards.
I mean, you're flying towards the person anyway. They're going to be straight in your crosshairs and it really doesn't take that long to click on something in the centre of the screen. And everyone else on the team can focus on what is important instead of having the chat cluttered with Pod Spam Radio™.

"a single person by using the tab key" When I do this tab key thing, it closes game back to desktop.
BlackBagel

Post by BlackBagel »

Is there any way to fix all the missing graphics? :(
§
juckto

Post by juckto »

...maybe? The PC I created them on is long gone, but maybe I copied them.

Which ones are missing? I checked one, it was hosted on photobucket, and it still worked.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.