You Suck at Allegiance

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
Adept

Post by Adept »

RedLion wrote:QUOTE (RedLion @ Jan 21 2011, 10:36 PM) I too have 6 buttons + throttle at the base (I use a Logitech Attack3) enough for the directional thrusters I guess, but not for rolling + boosting + dispenser + chaff all of which I currently have right at my fingertips. Also, I don't think I would find having to move my hand from one side of the stick to the other very comfortable, but then again I have smaller hands than most around here ;)
Attack 3 doesn't have a twist option for rolling? All the six buttons on the Force 3D pro are on the left side, I'd go nuts if I had to reach around the stick.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Jersy

Post by Jersy »

I dunno, isn't discussing controls a bit offtopic in this thread? Maybe it's just me, but I would rather see more "tongue-in-cheek" hints for noobs like me... That's why I watch this thread for new posts anyway...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link: Allegiance Stuff on "Jersy's Ultimate Blog of Concentrated Nerdiness"
Current stuff-count: 97
(Latest update: March 7th, 2011, in "Jers_Core Diary")

Stationed in CZECH REPUBLIC (link)
(GMT+1)
Kwing

Post by Kwing »

Like a guide to ramming bbrs and htts more effectively. By which I mean ramming them off course, not as a speed boost.
Icky

Post by Icky »

K-wing wrote:QUOTE (K-wing @ Feb 22 2011, 10:11 PM) Like a guide to ramming bbrs and htts more effectively. By which I mean ramming them off course, not as a speed boost.
Dodge the prox

Don't hit an HTT from behind into the green door

Don't be afraid to get podded

Practice - you need to learn how to lead where the htt/bbr will be so you don't waste thrust revectoring over and over.

The best way in my experience is from an extreme perpendicular angle - like ramming it straight down relative to it's course. Nans take longer to find it than an oblique angle that keeps it in the same relative plane.
Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Jan 20 2011, 03:56 PM) i'm like adept
Broodwich wrote:QUOTE (Broodwich @ Jun 6 2010, 10:19 PM) if you spent as much time in game as trollin sf might not be dead
z3r0blackace

Post by z3r0blackace »

F150 wrote:QUOTE (F150 @ Jun 4 2008, 11:33 PM) I must respectafuly diasgaree

wHEN papa wed log s in and sees a team fuking up with hvy intcprtos, somebodyh msut satnd up and demnd justic

i stand fo r justis and blood, when yu donts do hvy itnercptrs justis u mak papa weed ANGYR, adn then the enemeis blod drisp from his salavgd mini3 intercptr asz kickn machnie

ned no heroes/? Heors are needde badly, like the cool ocaen breze that calms the sesa, once evry whil a tsumani must mak order in th owolrd, i am captin weedA, wakl in teh gardne of his turbluence
I ran this thru spellcheck. My word processor, which is NOT Word, but one from a literature textbook on CD, closed. Sadness abounds. WEED IS NOT GOOD FOR U, WEEDMAN!
TeeJ

Post by TeeJ »

Weedman doesn't smoke, man. He drinks and mows everyone down with ints!
JimmyNighthawk

Post by JimmyNighthawk »

Beschenkt die Starken!
Schröpft die Schwachen,
und die Armen schlagt ans Kreuz!

Wir hängen nicht am Leben,
doch an einem Traum!
Dibbley2

Post by Dibbley2 »

JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Mar 22 2011, 12:26 PM) WHERE IS THE TOWER LESSON?

Good d allows excellent o.
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

Having a nan babysit the towers can work well, especially if they're skycap towers.
They can park behind the tower that's likely to get shot at first, the tower blocks most of the fire while you repair it.
This way they don't die from attrition damage as random heroes rush through. Only an organized rush will take them out.
They cost a fair bit of money, so it's worthwhile to keep them from dying to a single unit.
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
JimmyNighthawk

Post by JimmyNighthawk »

You Suck at Allegiance Lesson 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKJG1LhBfYQ

You Suck at Allegiance Lesson 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clTEZWwQMtk

You Suck at Allegiance Lesson 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZG2nEJlPOk

You Suck at Allegiance Lesson 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UwGVJsd1E8
Beschenkt die Starken!