The models of Allegiance are copyrighted?

Development areas for Allegiance core (IGC) design.
FireDart

Post by FireDart »

Pheww... All better. tongue.gif
New SF Member... :)p
Lykourgos

Post by Lykourgos »

Also, Orion, I don't know what Noir's squad has to do with this discussion.

You $#@!ing troll.

P.S. Sorry dogbones of course you said it! <3
Orion

Post by Orion »

Lykourgos wrote:
QUOTE (Lykourgos @ Apr 5 2008, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Orion, I don't know what Noir's squad has to do with this discussion.

It is not just noir, and it is a 1 to 1 correlation. Everybody who wants to withhold their contributions so that others cant use them are all in XT.

Vegeta, Noir, Freeza... hmm..

Next time look at the facts before spouting your mouth.
Last edited by Orion on Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lykourgos

Post by Lykourgos »

Yeah, and Adaven and Weedman clearly also do this with their modeling efforts, and Shiz and Night and myself clearly do this with our written contributions to ACS.

Why am I even arguing with you? You have no role in the community at this point except "guy who posts stupid @#(! in the forums".
Orion

Post by Orion »

I'm not saying adaven or weedman (even though weedman is helping to create Omicron hive, which is supposedly going to be exclusive to DN 'at the start', I dont think it was his decision; notice their names are missing from my list), I'm saying "certain members of a certain squad", you immediately guessed who I was talking about because it was obvious, and then denied the obvious truth. You do bring up a good point though, why should I argue with a peon like yourself, who has never contributed anything to Allegiance.. not even to DN.
Last edited by Orion on Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FireDart

Post by FireDart »

OK, maybe this might seem like a silly observation on my part here...

TW, you stated that you had told Noir no when he asked to use the Effix faction for his project. Correct?

Then you secretly wanted, hoped, or wished he would dirregard your wishes and use it any way. So that it can be shown we can not prevent others from using each others works. >> This was the overall general idea I got out of that posting.

What I really think has happened is you might be a little pissed, annoyed, ticked off at, and such at Noir (mainly). For Noir being the bigger man and respecting your wishes by not using Effix in his project.

TW, you must realize that you set the bar, when you declined Noir the use of Effix. So now if others from anyplace in the community also decide for any reason(s) to decline anyone the use any work they created. The standard has been set, made, and now is the best policy when it comes to these issues...

TW, if you knew back then when you told Noir no to using Effix... Why not state something like:

Noir, as you know we are a community based on the license agreement of MS. And, also any community terms of use policies that are under, and add to the MS policy. As such you are free, and welcomed to use Effix in any project you plan to share with our community.

I thank you ever so much for asking, however, based on the MS License you had no need to do so. I do thank you for respecting me enough to ask first.

Thank again,

TW

This was not the standard set, and the standard set is the one we now have to work with. Frankly I am happy with it, as it is. I just wanted to maybe point out that the pot should not call the kettle black. Or, use any other like visual image to better grasp what it is your doing now.

What you did by telling Noir no, and wanting him to use Effix anyway... Is nothing more than play games. Sadly for you it seems... It backfired.

Now, as for XT I have heard it all now. I mean It is only joked about that we blame XT for everything. XT does not sit around and think up new ways to make TW's life harder.

Now for some massive eye opening news TW. Weedman had allowed me use of the Star Wars Core... I could add models, and such. Sadly for me real life kicked my ass at the same time... And, I dropped the ball.

As for ALL of XT, these people I must admit I like just about the most in this community. Why? They tell it like it is. You know where you stabd with them. And, for me that is the best. I get along with nearly 100% of everyone around here, and this includes all of XT.

Now, I am not argueing, I am just stating what seems to me a simple observation. And, I want you to know you are 100% correct about the fact we can use each others works. BUT, and this needs to be included.

BUT> TW, we will respect the creators right to allow, and or deny any request to use anything they make available to us as a community.

And, Noir raised the roof when he respected your right to deny his use of Effix. Thus, TW you are the perfect example as to why, we "will" all be held to the same standards you set, and Noir respected.

TW, maybe we need a community policy using your "No to use Effix to Noir, and Noir's respect to you by not using it."

Noir, as well as any other creative types I have come across in our community do not ask of others, if they themselves first will not do the same.

PS: Please, oh please TW notice where my location is... PLEASE. smile.gif I beg of you look at it. You just might be suprised...
Lykourgos

Post by Lykourgos »

Also, I've probably done as much for the community as you have- but you have no idea what I've done, because, like I said, you aren't in the community any more.

This will be my last post on the subject.
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

FireDart wrote:
QUOTE (FireDart @ Apr 6 2008, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TW, you must realize that you set the bar, when you declined Noir the use of Effix.

Actually Noir, Veggy et al set the bar when they denied the use of DN factions/icons/tech names on other cores long before Orion refused permission for Effix on DN. Orion was trying to prove that Noir was wrong in the first place but ended up cutting off his nose to spite his face. Although given Orion's view on the DN implementation of GT he may not be too pissed off about Effix not being on DN.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
FireDart

Post by FireDart »

Technical Wonder wrote:
QUOTE (Technical Wonder @ Apr 3 2008, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but technically it's not up to you, it is up to the license agreement. These are not community rules, they are Microsoft's rules.

It is good that you resolved issue No. 2 though, which had been nagging on everyone's mind (I thought I remembered hearing about that from somewhere).

I do not want people to deface my work, but (as Noir has made clear)I have absolutely no say over it, people can use my work just as they can use his work, because it has all been donated to the community, and while we continue to update it, anyone is free to do with it as they will (according to the license agreement, which kinda supersedes the community's rules).

Personally, if anyone isn't willing to agree with the spirit of the license, I think their content should be completely removed from any distribution of Allegiance and the auto update.

It's pretty simple, if a file makes its way into your artwork folder by installation or update, and you want to make a mod, you can go ahead and use it. It is of course the polite thing to do to ask the creator first.

Raveen, Thank you for putting things straight. smile.gif

I went off of this posting I quoted above. Sorry about that TW.

Thanks again Raveen,

Kite
Orion

Post by Orion »

lol, that was funny, I completely skipped over Kites post, saying to myself, 'Who's this TW person he keeps mentioning?'

Lykourgos wrote:
QUOTE (Lykourgos @ Apr 6 2008, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, I've probably done as much for the community as you have- but you have no idea what I've done.

Ooo, secret contributions, I didn't realize you had done those, never mind.

In all seriousness, my plan did not really backfire, if I were to release another new faction, I would give it the same conditions as Effix, which I'll paraphrase; "This faction is freely available to any 'free' core, ie, one that does not have exclusive content", and by that I mean factions which no one else is 'allowed' to include.

I have a lot of respect for Adaven and Weedman and their work. Some members other members of XT seem to only want to contribute their work to DN, however, and I think that is foolish for a number of reasons. The first of which being the obvious: Noir releases new versions of his faction once or twice a year, the 2nd is that he doesn't allow anyone else to work on it, the third is that you won't really get any say in the direction the development of your faction takes after handing it over, it becomes, essentially, his, to steal your ships names, and rename your ships, or whatever else tongue.gif