BSG Pre/Def bit error found

Discussion / Announcement area for Battlestar Galactica Core development.
Tontow

Post by Tontow »

Remember that Tech tree program I made way back when? It checks for pre/def errors; if a pre bit is used then it checks for that same def bit. If no def bit is found then it gives an error.

I just ran BSG through it and came up with an error on bit 111.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Bit 111 is for some of the tech that I have decided to keep in the core (like the booster fuel) that I don't want equipable (IE, you can pick up booster fuel but you cannot equip it)
ImageImage
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

is it ok to do that?

or is it not? hence the core checker gives you an error?

i noticed there is a VOID piece of tech, i wonder if this is a in-accessible piece of tech (the only things that def it is its self) which is used to disable things

where can we get the core checker?
Andon

Post by Andon »

Core works perfectly fine, doesn't crash things. I mean, you might have an issue if you didn't have any ships available, but that's about it. And I don't have anything on ships
ImageImage
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

madpeople, pm me, i cant remember what you asked, when you asked i was too busy playing wink.gif
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

void is noir's way of turning off development of technologies that suck

and it works very nciely
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Tontow

Post by Tontow »

Remember that Tech tree program I made way back when? It checks for pre/def errors; if a pre bit is used then it checks for that same def bit. If no def bit is found then it gives an error.[/quote]
Note that it only looks for pre bits that don’t have a matching def. The program has a long way to go still. I have been working on and off to straiten out the lines and have the tech auto arrange better.

It is on the academy download page and http://www.geocities.com/tontow_merlin/