BSG Known Issues

Discussion / Announcement area for Battlestar Galactica Core development.
FireDart

Post by FireDart »

Played BSG today as the humans.... All fine. Liked the game.

Then tried to play as Cylons... O,o As soon as the game countdown hit zero, and the game started.... Allegiance closed, and signed me out of ASGS.

So, I log back on, and try again... This time someone is in command and playing. I joing the Cylons, and am closed out, and signed off again.

I hope this issue is an easy fix, like I have a slightly out of date copy of the core... Or something. I would love to play BSG. :)

Kite (heeeeelp)
Last edited by FireDart on Thu May 28, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New SF Member... :)p
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Out of date versions of a core, would simply tell you, you are running the wrong version. It would not drop you from the game. It wouldnt allow you to access the server/game.
Last edited by apochboi on Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

probably buggy art.

i believe the "delete the filelist.txt" is the usual answer to force a re-download of things on the AU (there is actually a param to you can pass to alleg when you launch it to force it to AU)

though doing the above may/would overwrite any mods you have in your artwork directory (but not the textures one)
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Closes with humans, works with cylons. At least it is not crashing the servers again...
Last edited by Grimmwolf_GB on Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrBeginner

Post by DrBeginner »

The colonial fleet Shipyard is WAAAYYY too big. The engine trail on the ressurrection ship is in the middle and not out of the engie part. Cylon shipyard says "no asteroid asteroid available". umm wtf?
Last edited by DrBeginner on Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I loose my motivation to help out more and more each day to drama like this. Which is why I am mostly /meh on this point. I will continue to play as I always have, with the morals I have been rasied with and if this community finds they don't like myself and others like me who just enjoy playing the game with their friends on TS or squadies, then they can ban us and my Warhammer account, Girlfriend, and IRL activities will get a lot more attention and will thank them.
-TheVoid

I am DrB and I approve of this messege.

Andon

Post by Andon »

Shipyards require any special asteroid, and if there are none, then it just says 'no asteroid asteroid' available. The shipyards are huge because the cap ships are huge - any smaller and you can't dock. Also, docking is in the top.

As for the artwork, I have all of it, and this computer does not have the originals, and both the Cylons and Colonials work for me. Try re-downloading them - Corrupt artwork is all I can say.
ImageImage
Tontow

Post by Tontow »

The turrets on one or both of the Colonial cap ships are messed up - you can only mount the 3ed and 4th slots while the 1st and 2ed slots are empty.
Andon

Post by Andon »

You should be able to mount super-heavy KEWs on those turrets
ImageImage
Dogbones

Post by Dogbones »

Definitely sounds like a missing or corrupt artwork file.
You can try the update/repair critical files option of ASGS under help.

Dog
DOG PROPERTY LAWS:
2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
[unless it tastes bad, then it is yours.]
FireDart

Post by FireDart »

Phewww... Thanks everyone. I LOVE that core overall. smile.gif I will re-DL thems files when I go inagme today.

Thanks again everyone,

Kite
New SF Member... :)p