BSG Known Issues

Discussion / Announcement area for Battlestar Galactica Core development.
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Anytime Kite.
Kltplzyxm

Post by Kltplzyxm »

I was looking for BSG tonight... didn't find it on the server list. Did I miss something?
Andon

Post by Andon »

It's not on the main servers ATM - It is only on my beta server. It's also not on AU yet. See this topic for the download
ImageImage
Gwyll

Post by Gwyll »

Yesterday played a bit on the BSG core, interesting, but there seems to be some issues:

1. Moved to buglist.

2. Moved to suggestions.

3. The Blackbird, the stealth bomber is deadly, can easily solo bases and probably escape.

4. Colonial htts seem a bit overpowered, but only had them used against me.

Otherwise the core is interesting, but since most tech stations are needed, higher money settings are recommended at start.
Last edited by Gwyll on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwyll

Post by Gwyll »

Possible bug: Cylon Enhanced Raiders cannot carry probes, but basic/advanced versions can. This can seriously harm a Cylon team.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Yeah, that would qualify as a bug. Thanks!

The Blackbird is slow (Speed currently 140 rather than the 300 ish of Vipers/Raiders), and its cloak only lasts a few seconds before the thing has to recharge it - Which increases its sig tremendous amounts. The bombs also have a lot of sig. A very skilled pilot could solo a base without being spotted, but it would take a lot of work. Plus the fact that the bombs are slow and can be shot down.

All HTTs are slightly overpowered. I'm likely going to change the base shield to be more durable (Not more HP, just a lower damage rating for KEWs/Heavy KEWs) so it takes longer to disengage the shield
Last edited by Andon on Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Gwyll

Post by Gwyll »

Played an interesting game (up to 32 players) on BSG core, sadly capships are overpowered, very hard to defend against one without capships. The game is fast paced, but needs some balancing still.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Cap ships are very powerful.

Were there any anti-ship missiles? I think that may be one of the issues - Anti-ship missiles not researched/lost easily, and not enough of them carried
ImageImage
Grzegt

Post by Grzegt »

This core has
- no nans,
- no prox,
- for Cylon, no need for dedicated probers (every fighter carries probes)
- instadeath for people who can't dogfight very well (1 second long burst is enough to kill anybody)

People who are not good dogfighters will be useless and will have nothing to do in this core.
XP105

Post by XP105 »

HTT are impossible to stop