BSG Known Issues

Discussion / Announcement area for Battlestar Galactica Core development.
Andon

Post by Andon »

With the speed that the core has, prox is nearly impossible to balance.

Nans will be implemented, and weapon damage is lowered for the guns.

HTTs armor is lowered as well.
ImageImage
Tontow

Post by Tontow »

Andon wrote:
QUOTE (Andon @ Apr 26 2008, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When people do not listen and then complain about it not being right, then they don't deserve to play on it. This was the first large game on the core - So there were going to be problems.

It was a test of the no-nans (Which will be changed), a test of the fast combat in large numbers (Which will also be changed), and several other things (Which we never got around to)

Please don't make your judgement so quickly. I'll not hold another BSG event anytime soon, but I will be asking people to have larger games so it can be balanced for larger numbers. I'm also not going to command it on an event

Another factor is the fact that I expected a third of the turnout. If I knew this event was going to be this big, I would have had the map a lot bigger.

There were issues on both sides of the line

Please don't add nans. You don't need them - if there is any amount of Miner D then the second your turn to shoot the miner you end up in a pod. Or if you do add nans, add the DN Nix nans for drones and bases only.

Please keep the fast combat in large numbers; I think it is the missiles that through this off, maybe make counter more effective or turn down missile tracking a hair. In the event, most people had a good 5-10 missiles on them and only 2 of those need to hit to pod a fig or scout. - Counters didn't seem that effective.
Aside from that, the dog fighting is perfect. Makes dog fighting in DN seem like a snail.

HTTs are over powered due to heavy kew taking shields down instantly. Please change it so that heavy kews take shields down slowly enough so that the HTT has to slow down alot or completely stop for about 10 secs while it takes the shields down; this would give the figs time to rip in and defend.

Bombers are almost perfect; however, I have only used them in small games. I think the arming time for AB missiles should be increased a hair.

Humans can only rip to tech bases, but only the Gar and Sup. I think the human Tac and EXP should share this upgrade. Or the upgrade could add large-rip to refs.
Gwyll

Post by Gwyll »

I would second tontow's recommendation, if you add nans, have them only like 'nix. Also, the solarcharger is unneeded, since the energy of the Blackbird recharges.

Keep the dogfighting as it is, that is a good point of this core. Perhaps lower the damage normal weapons cause to utility hulls/shields, so miners/cons live longer.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Blackbird energy shouldn't recharge. This has been fixed.

Nans will, if implemented, be on a special 'repair ship' and only effect Constructors, Miners, and Bases.

HTTs were broked in having an excessive amount of armor and the wrong kind of armor (A very heavy armor) for the Colonials.

HTTs and shields have been fixed as well

Starting missiles for Cylons have been turned into a 'Light Anti-Fighter Missile' which does a lot less damage.
ImageImage
Mordechaj

Post by Mordechaj »

and the time that htt needs to take down station shields?

those buggers simply park in base at 300mps without ever breaking a stride!

EDIT: special repair ship for drones only is ok, leave the intensity of dogfighting as it is - it's the main + of this core.

i really like your core. it has the BSG feel, missiles will chase you across the sector, but you are able to shoot them down, it's all fast paced and deadly, just like it should be smile.gif

too bad we didn't test sy and caps, buecause their turning speed still concerns me.
Last edited by Mordechaj on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image "South of the Alps and East of the Adriatic, paranoia is considered mental equilibrium..."
Andon

Post by Andon »

The amount of base shields has increased, and the damage done to the base shields has been decreased
ImageImage
juckto

Post by juckto »

Playing as cylons, upgrading raiders to enh raiders removes their ability to drop probes.
Build Resurrection Ship (0/4) and it's cost overlap (slightly). Perhaps change it to Resurrection Ship?
Default loadout for a Captured Raptor doesn't include signature suppresor.
It would appear to be impossible to dock a Base Star
Last edited by juckto on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
Andon

Post by Andon »

juckto wrote:
QUOTE (juckto @ Apr 28 2008, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A) Playing as cylons, upgrading raiders to enh raiders removes their ability to drop probes.
B) Build Resurrection Ship (0/4) and it's cost overlap (slightly). Perhaps change it to Resurrection Ship?
C) Default loadout for a Captured Raptor doesn't include signature suppresor.
D) It would appear to be impossible to dock a Base Star

A) I thought I had fixed this for 0.33B - I'm putting it in 0.33C now
B) Cannot remove the 'Build' part - But it will be shortened to 'Res Ship'
C) Put into 0.33C
D) The dock is at the top of the shipyard model. I may scale the base star down some, but I need more feedback on it
ImageImage
juckto

Post by juckto »

A)Once I got adv raiders I could drop probes - possibly you only fixed that one?

D) In that case autopilot is taking you to the wrong place. ps. do you know how long it takes to suicide a base star by ramming asteroids? mrgreen.gif
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
Andon

Post by Andon »

juckto wrote:
QUOTE (juckto @ Apr 28 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A)Once I got adv raiders I could drop probes - possibly you only fixed that one?

D) In that case autopilot is taking you to the wrong place. ps. do you know how long it takes to suicide a base star by ramming asteroids? mrgreen.gif

A) It was not in the Enh raiders to begin with for some odd reason
D) BSG and autopilot don't mix well.
ImageImage