Silicon Spec mines

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
Vlymoxyd

Post by Vlymoxyd »

The problem with the SI mine is that the income is ridiculous compared to the cost.

8k for 2k/min is a 25% return per minute. 6k for 1k/min is a 16.7% return.
Another reason why they are so good is that one of the main issue with getting mines is the lack of rocks that makes it worth it. 1 SI rock can give you as much money as 2 U or 2 C.

I actually sent comments to the devs back in the days to have different mines. I liked the idea of different mines, but right now, the SI mine is a much better investment than the other 2.
"Désolé pour les skieurs, moi je veux voir mes fleurs!"
-German teacher

http://www.steelfury.org/
Andon

Post by Andon »

the other mines are $1250, but still, the point stands
ImageImage
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

The point is re-enforced.
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

Besides the cost it has to do with the fact that Giga Tac was cheese with Med Shield 3
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

Si mines aren't the best investment if you have a home c-rock, and 3 c-rocks easily available. I personally don't risk going for Si-mines if they don't have the chance of surviving (majority of si rocks behind, or controlled by enemy lines).

Besides, controlling all of the tac-rocks vs Giga/Belts, is one of the command strats everyone forgot about.
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

you don't even have to command them, just be in a position to threaten them effectively.
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
CronoDroid

Post by CronoDroid »

It makes more money because the rock is green and it's widely known that green is the colour of money.
IB_

Post by IB_ »

IB_ wrote:
QUOTE (IB_ @ Mar 21 2008, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Si rocks are worth more because Giga Tac is cheese, or was with ms lxy sf.

spideycw wrote:
QUOTE (spideycw @ Mar 27 2008, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Besides the cost it has to do with the fact that Giga Tac was cheese with Med Shield 3

Polly want a cracker?
slap wrote:QUOTE (slap @ Oct 7 2009, 01:28 AM) good point, I concede.