Lrm 2 & 3 gives Combat Pod 2 & 3

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
Tontow

Post by Tontow »

Camaro wrote:
QUOTE (Camaro @ Mar 20 2008, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you do this, i demand that ALL TECH, ANY THING is stealable and useable by Belters.

That means Belter Hvy BOmbers with forward EW AB cannons/Stingers + AB missles.

EW AB cannons/Stingers already give you AB missles and vice versa when you bring them in. And If belters where able to use both, it would need to be on different ships or, if on the same ship, nerfed vershions of each would be used.

(not a bad idea to have a secondary Belter bomber that could do that, but it would have to use nerfed vershions of EW AB cannons/Stingers/AB missles to keep it balnced.)

EDIT: I don't think it would be much of a perk. Think rix instant research vs bios 10 min research, rix would have to be carful not to buy bios there tech.
Last edited by Tontow on Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

Stinger does not get you AB2, not last time I checked...

My question is, if LRM 2 doesn't give you Combat pod 2 for rix, why does prox 2 still give you plas gen 2 for TF?
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
Camaro

Post by Camaro »

cause for some reason a lot of TF tech is stealable and converts to regular tech.
takingarms1

Post by takingarms1 »

tontow wrote:
QUOTE (tontow @ Mar 21 2008, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EDIT: I don't think it would be much of a perk. Think rix instant research vs bios 10 min research, rix would have to be carful not to buy bios there tech.

Except it would be free, which is quite helpful when fighting tac.
"You give my regards to St. Peter. Or, whoever has his job, but in hell!"
- - - -
HSharp

Post by HSharp »

guitarism wrote:
QUOTE (guitarism @ Mar 27 2008, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stinger does not get you AB2, not last time I checked...

My question is, if LRM 2 doesn't give you Combat pod 2 for rix, why does prox 2 still give you plas gen 2 for TF?

Becuase you TF and other factions tech are swappable if you pick it up (i.e. TF scouts can drop prox mines, GigaCorp luxy fig can steal and use PE Gat3)
Lykourgos

Post by Lykourgos »

If I ever make LyCore, Belters scouts really are going to be able to use everything except AB tech.

EVERYTHING. I'm talking about $#@!ing res3 here.

The pre/defs are going to be a nightmare.
Death3D

Post by Death3D »

Lol. LRM that miner between the rock and the base, drop combat pods when it starts moving, Utlcan it to hell, drop prox for the incoming nan, drop plasgens as you HvyBoost away, your SC gunner taking out whatever is left.
One short sleep past, we wake eternally and Death shalt be no more; Death, thou shalt die! Image
Lykourgos

Post by Lykourgos »

I'm pretty sure that it should be possible to make that scenario kind of sort of possible without being broken- for instance, the SC could only be mounted on heavy scouts and would mass twice what your scout masses without it and wouldn't have much ammo, you could only carry 1 hunter per slot, you would run through a heavy booster fuel pack in 3 seconds, etc.

But it would all be mountable!
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Most faction specific tech is hot-swappable between factions. IC can steal and mount vulcans (and you'll keep it when transfering bases). non-TF Bombers can mount TF turrets as well and vice versa.

Handy tip: TF's nerfs are for the PE weapons, only. Pickup a few PW guns from fallen enemies and suddenly you can do 25% more damage per second.

Belts also get to keep all non-AB TF tech, as well as a lot of GT special tech.
Camaro

Post by Camaro »

I had a gnarly rix scout with 4 forward stingers + 4 stinger turrets.

Thing was useless against anything but bases.