Atmosheric flight simulation - Found possible!

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
Camaro

Post by Camaro »

If you will recall the EoR bug which i unabashedly exploited... ships with over 1000 acceleration become UNHITTABLE in the right hands... additionally you can eek out another 20 or so mps over top speed in a straight line if you know what ur doing.
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

Parasitism wrote:
QUOTE (Parasitism @ Mar 16 2008, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it jsut me or does he seem a bit like, Dorjan. But anyways Sup, when you have an idea look at it from the Alleg staff's point of view is it feasible, does it have any flaws, and most of all does it actually sound like a good idea. Then proceed to consult with someone else (Someone who's been here a lot longer than me, or someone who's got the know how on everything, like BV) about the idea before posting it.

Oi! I resent this one, I never tried to change the gameplay of Alleg nor one posted a way of fixing alleg.

Granted I was a n00b that went on the cusade to "Fix the community" but i'll all fixed now. They meds work wonders ya know *twitch*

So, compare my start to some other guys but not to changing alleg as I never one said "Get rid of space drag"

I would play XvT if I didn't want the drag man.

- Dorj
I decided to relive the days gone by in my new blog.
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) True story.

Except the big about dorjan being jelly, that's just spidey's ego.
ImageImage
shibbyx1

Post by shibbyx1 »

count the drag in allegiance space as particals of dust and random gasses (and exuast particals from thrusting?) and these little things just somehow have enough effect to produce an effective drag physics simulation smile.gif
Image Image
quote 'djrbk I'm quitting Allegiance unless someone quotes me on something I said in their sig
finnbryant

Post by finnbryant »

actually, drag is an effect caused by the aleph technology, alephs warp space time so much that the fabric of the universe becomes a tangible substance, causing drag.

interestingly, this also means that ships travelling over a certain speed actually rip tiny hole in this fabric, and the instability in alleg at high speeds isn't lag at all, its just space time being broken.

now i just need to think of an explanation of why pods being killed is a good thing and i wont have to suspend disbelief any more mrgreen.gif
Last edited by finnbryant on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andon

Post by Andon »

It's obvious - Pods have little generators in them that, when they fail, send the pilot right back to base. Of course, this creates a horrific sense of nausea, which is simulated in-game by your killbonus being reset.

And killbonus is simply knowing your enemy better
ImageImage
shibbyx1

Post by shibbyx1 »

Andon wrote:
QUOTE (Andon @ Apr 15 2008, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's obvious - Pods have little generators in them that, when they fail, send the pilot right back to base. Of course, this creates a horrific sense of nausea, which is simulated in-game by your killbonus being reset.

And killbonus is simply knowing your enemy better

and this horrific nausea is such a distraction, you also forget a bit about the enemy, which is why you have to work on your kb all over again.

The stranger aspects of allegiance have been answered! (well some)
Image Image
quote 'djrbk I'm quitting Allegiance unless someone quotes me on something I said in their sig
Weylin

Post by Weylin »

try explaining how me and a few other scouts trapped a noob battleship mid-flight with EWS probes.
Last edited by Weylin on Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EdDaalleg

Post by EdDaalleg »

About the side-thrusters firing automatically and holding forward thrust to maintain speed. I don't notice any difference in de-acceleration when holding down forward thrust after boosting or being rammed. I do notice that it keeps me going the same direction if my mouse is off-center, but it doesn't seem to affect speed at all.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is maintaining direction the benefit I should be looking for?

Sushi

Post by Sushi »

Edmond wrote:
QUOTE (Edmond @ Apr 21 2008, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
About the side-thrusters firing automatically and holding forward thrust to maintain speed. I don't notice any difference in de-acceleration when holding down forward thrust after boosting or being rammed. I do notice that it keeps me going the same direction if my mouse is off-center, but it doesn't seem to affect speed at all.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is maintaining direction the benefit I should be looking for?

The difference is there, however it is more noticeable on some ships than others.