The suggestion to balance the Phoenix Order

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
Supramence

Post by Supramence »

(open the two links and compare them!)
Here is a chart of the specifications for the Phoenix Order, by Noir.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/49/dnfaphbklobby2fu9.png

The following is my chart with modifications, so that the Phoenix Order becomes more balanced in large games:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1339/dn...bklobby3lm2.png

>Notice that the laser cannons have less power (100 damage for mk-1, 128 damage for mk-II) so that it can only be described as a turret weapon that is very accurate, but not as powerful as the AC Turrets.

>The Vanguards have been modified to carry one laser cannon instead of two AC cannons or, in the case of dn_000450, two laser cannons.

>The He3 Yield has been increased significantly to help the Phoenix Order in large games (1.35).

>The missile strength has been reduced slightly (0.9). To compensate for this, the shields' strengths have been increased to 1.3. (ship shields only)

What do you think, you all? How about you, Noir?

NOTE: This is only a suggestion. The changes have not yet been applied.
Last edited by Supramence on Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I can duel and dogfight. I'd like to have a role as a dogfighter, but I can't command well though." -_-
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

LMAO 1.35 yield

Currently a full nix miner can carry 7920 Credits of HE3 on a full load, what you propose is this...

80*35% increase = 28

28+80 = 108 credits per He3 unit

so a nix miner would carry...

90*108 = 9720 per full miner, that is absolutely obscene, please do not post untill you understand the implications. Or leave core development to core developers.

many thanks
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

I for one am in favor of such a change.

Noir really needs to buff 'Nix!!!
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
CronoDroid

Post by CronoDroid »

Buff Rix!
Supramence

Post by Supramence »

CronoDroid, the Phoenix Order is one of the newer factions, it needs development more than others.

Anyways, I would like to see my suggestion of improvement being implemented in the next Dark Nebula Core. That is, if Noir is developing it... smile.gif

Sidenote: Apochboi, I heard you developed your own cores? mrgreen.gif
Last edited by Supramence on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I can duel and dogfight. I'd like to have a role as a dogfighter, but I can't command well though." -_-
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

I am sorry, but to suggest specific core changes after playing the game for one month is kinda weird...
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

+ it won't happen because noir balances his core based on stats, not people's opinions
Supramence wrote:
QUOTE (Supramence @ Mar 12 2008, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyways, I would like to see my suggestion of improvement being implemented in the next Dark Nebula Core.

Sidenote: Apochboi, I heard you developed your own cores? mrgreen.gif[/quote]
he makes WarpCore
Icky

Post by Icky »

Grimmwolf_GB wrote:
QUOTE (Grimmwolf_GB @ Mar 12 2008, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am sorry, but to suggest specific core changes after playing the game for one month is kinda weird...

It's more than weird, it's pretentious. To assume that after 5 weeks or whatever you know better than people who have been playing this game for 4 or 5 years or longer is insulting. It's like Supramence thinks that everyone that plays this game doesn't notice that there *may* be some balance issues. He's been playing for about a month and has started multiple threads about how to "improve" the game, mainly focused on Nix (1.35 He yield for nix...whaaaAAA?)

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease play for a few more months, learn more about the game mechanics, and then make EDUCATED suggestions based on hard facts and experience, not assumptions that everyone else that plays this game is a blind idiot who needs to be saved.
Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Jan 20 2011, 03:56 PM) i'm like adept
Broodwich wrote:QUOTE (Broodwich @ Jun 6 2010, 10:19 PM) if you spent as much time in game as trollin sf might not be dead
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

I'm still laughing at that 'Nix 1.35 yield.

That really needs to be implemented. Your econ will be like IC rookies!
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

with 1.35, can you imagine the base spam?
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]