Faction add-on.

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
Dark_Stalion

Post by Dark_Stalion »

Would it be all possibe to add Effix to DN000460? Just a suggestion, not completely nescessary though. Some people like Effix and if they were added to DN000460 it might be cool.
Shoot the nans.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Utterly impossible. As soon as you change it, it would no longer be DN 4.6

As for adding Effix to DN, there are differences with Effix's creator(s) and DN's creator that prevent that
ImageImage
the_dare

Post by the_dare »

i hate people who bitch and then stop thinks like adding effix! can ruin a game! also we are allegites not babies!
CronoDroid

Post by CronoDroid »

We already have one ugly skinned faction with crappy looking bases.

And by that I mean GT.
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

CronoDroid wrote:
QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Mar 7 2008, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We already have one ugly skinned faction with crappy looking bases.

And by that I mean GT.

For a moment there I thought you meant techoflux, which is by far the ugliest most amature looking faction ever created.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

There is a reason I have him muted, don't quote him please.
Dark_Stalion

Post by Dark_Stalion »

Utterly impossible...[/quote]

All I need.
Shoot the nans.
Kltplzyxm

Post by Kltplzyxm »

apochboi wrote:
QUOTE (apochboi @ Mar 7 2008, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For a moment there I thought you meant techoflux, which is by far the ugliest most amature looking faction ever created.

It's a tossup for me which is more ugly: Dreg or TF. By no means are they as bad as Effix.

Effix is horrendous. Looks like a hack job even I could do.
Supramence

Post by Supramence »

Effix has non-symmetrical shapes in their ships, and weird looking ones too.

But then, a completely different core can be created to compile all the factions. wink.gif
"I can duel and dogfight. I'd like to have a role as a dogfighter, but I can't command well though." -_-
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Yes and no. Yes, it is fairly easy to create a core including any faction. Balancing it is less easy, but do-able and is no reason to not include it (although I don't think that is what we are really discussing here). The problem is that you can't just include custom factions without asking the permission of the creator. Well, you can, but it is considered very, very rude.

Orion did all the modelling and most of the ICE work for GT and Effix. When Noir first started DN, Orion agreed to let him use GT. Due to later personal disagreements though, Orion has decided to withhold Effix from DN (correct me if I'm wrong please). Although it wouldn't matter much because Noir can't even keep up with all his own ideas to add to the core, it could be months to years before effix could get added even if noir had permission.

As far as looks go: Veggy did the dreg/tf models in a couple days of drug induced frenzy. Although I think the models could use some improvement, the real culprit is the textures. Dreg's are supposedly just placeholder ones Noir slapped on and last I heard (~2 years ago) he had some outside help scheduled to fix them after his other custom factions were finished. Effix's models are pretty decent actually, but the textures are a little bland for my tastes. GT's original textures werent' that great either, but Orion eventually fixed them up much better to what we have now.
Last edited by Adaven on Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.