The specifications of the Phoenix Order (And some conflicts)

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

No, no he wasn't. If you had an adv. sf with the fixings, you could kill an IC hvy int at 1600m while still cloaked without running out of energy. There was dual galvs on the adv figs, with energy and pw damage perks, you could take a base down rediculously fast. Then there was the bombs, oh boy.

Nix really doesn't even compare to how unballanced that faction was.
rockraider

Post by rockraider »

>Strong shields (25% stronger than regular shields) and weak hulls (10% weaker)
Interceptors do not have shields, and the Phoenix Order consists of ships with weak hulls. Might as well drop the idea of ints being with Phoenix. Besides, there is vulcan tech for 'Nix, yet ints cannot mount them... am I right?[/quote]

If you don't like 'em, don't use 'em. wink.gif

>'Superior' Sensors (10% more effective)
If Phoenix scouts have superior sensors, then why do we need a recon drone?[/quote]

If you don't have the map scouted by the time you get the drone...you suck.

>Transceiver acting as a SpecMine (Only $180/min )
This is too little money to compensate for the $15000 spent on the Transceiver. Just not worth it... either reduce the Transceiver cost or increase the money produced by the Transceiver (say, $1000/min).[/quote]

You don't get money from building a tech base...
You build for the tech...not like a Giga Spec. Mine... glare.gif

>Nanites are ineffective on Phoenix ships (but can only repair drones)
Why not we remove the Nanite Gun entirely from Phoenix, since Phoenix will be getting advantages from its extra tech?[/quote]

So then the miners, cons, and bases will all die very quickly. -.-

>Vanguards are effective in dogfights o_O (although I'd rather stick to the fighters)
I say we give a $500 cost for flying a Vanguard, as though they are like the powerful Lxy ships.[/quote]

No. It costs way too much just to get the thing...

>Assault Base technology
This technology is present in the Phoenix but isn't in other factions. Either remove this tech from the Phoenix Order, or we can share this advantage with the other factions[/quote]

Have a look at Warp Core.

>Attack Drones
Frankly, I don't think anyone has gotten Attack Drones on time; also, they are expensive and are against Allegiance's reputation of having human-controlled units. (miners and constructors are an exception: Don't you know it's boring to just collect Helium-3 throughout the game?)[/quote]

It takes a while to get them; it takes a lot of money to get them, if you let your enemy get them, that's your problem.

>Nova Bomb (Aaargh!)
The last time I saw it in action, it acted like a cheat device...[/quote]

See above.

OTHER CONFLICTS:

>Belters have the 'strongest hulls' (They are only 5% stronger!)
Come on, you can do better than that! Let them have a 15% stronger hull. =)[/quote]

No.

>Gigacorp bases can be attacked by any ordinary and insignificant weapon. o_O
Remove this feature from Gigacorp, please![/quote]

I think that's all part of the 'Gigacorp Experience'. wink.gif

>Gigacorp only has scouts as starting ships
I would be delighted if Patrollers/Fighters were added to the list of Gigacorp's starting ships.[/quote]

Factions only get a max. of 2 ships to start...so which one?

1.Why does Technoflux has such long research times? (10min research per tech)[/quote]

Bios have the 10 mins reseach time. Not TF.
Supramence

Post by Supramence »

Thanks you all for helping me, I've just joined the community. I never thought a 5% hull on Belters would be so significantly strong... IMPOSSIBLE! XP I don't believe it!
"I can duel and dogfight. I'd like to have a role as a dogfighter, but I can't command well though." -_-
CronoDroid

Post by CronoDroid »

Uh, Nix have 0.9 Hull. Belters have 1.05, which isn't 5%.

Also to everyone else. Noir has explained the reason Trans give the player money every minute on TS, and I just posted it. So stop reiterating uselessly what other people have said.
blackeagle0001

Post by blackeagle0001 »

Dont bother talking about Phoenix, in large games its rediculously sucky and in small games its rediculously cheesey.

As far as Giga goes, I agree that Giga should get un-dissable ops and starting patties.

Ops and teles destroyable by everything is the equivilant of giving the enemy galvs (Albiet weaker) before they even get adv tech.

If you dont research patties as Giga, you have no reliable starting ship, if you do, you get an considerable dip (5k for patties, 2.5k for lt booster) in your starting funds.

EDIT: Added (Albiet Weaker)
Last edited by blackeagle0001 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supramence

Post by Supramence »

FE-Black Eagle wrote:
QUOTE (FE-Black Eagle @ Mar 5 2008, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont bother talking about Phoenix, in large games its rediculously sucky

I've an idea - why not we introduce a function (that can only be acquired in the long run) for the Phoenix Order that allows pilots to completely mimic the normal atmospheric flight controls, just as if we were to fly an F-22 Raptor in the earth's atmosphere. I mean: a function that always keeps the motion indicator from moving away from the center of the screen. That way, controls and movement becomes much more predictable and so we won't have to worry about the complications of engine compensation.

Hey yeah, I'd like to see this feature introduced to most or all of the factions.

P.S.
This is a lot of replies to my thread in 1 day! I appreciate your support! =D

P.S.S.
I might be posting this in a separate thread so people can discuss on this.

The following contains a note added on 3/6/2008:

The community did not accept this idea. It removes the feeling of the 'Standard Allegiance'.
Last edited by Supramence on Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I can duel and dogfight. I'd like to have a role as a dogfighter, but I can't command well though." -_-
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

I've got an idea! Wait a little more then a month to start suggesting things that radically change gameplay, and get to know the factions in a setting that isn't >5 players.

In addition,
some of those "changes" you suggested are from the earliest days of allegiance. It would behoove you to do your homework before trying to come in here and suggest all manner of crap that makes no sense. Saying things likes "gigacorp lt bases can die from anything! Remove them" makes me want to put a pistol to my temple.

Thank you,

Your neighborhood GooeyFish
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
blackeagle0001

Post by blackeagle0001 »

Personally, I think they should just rework the phoenix faction all together.

Thats just my opinion, though tongue.gif.
Supramence

Post by Supramence »

Nooooo! sad.gif
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

FE-Black Eagle wrote:
QUOTE (FE-Black Eagle @ Mar 5 2008, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont bother talking about Phoenix, in large games its rediculously sucky and in small games its rediculously cheesey.

God thank you for making me laugh so hard with such a clueless comment.

Nix is remarkably cheesy in large games due in no small part to their nearly endless econ.

Can we make it a rule that only people who know what they are speaking about can post?
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.