The specifications of the Phoenix Order (And some conflicts)

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
Supramence

Post by Supramence »

Some tech that I have observed in the Phoenix Order, and how they conflict with what the Phoenix has:

>Strong shields (25% stronger than regular shields) and weak hulls (10% weaker)
Interceptors do not have shields, and the Phoenix Order consists of ships with weak hulls. Might as well drop the idea of ints being with Phoenix. Besides, there is vulcan tech for 'Nix, yet ints cannot mount them... am I right?

>'Superior' Sensors (10% more effective)
If Phoenix scouts have superior sensors, then why do we need a recon drone?

>Transceiver acting as a SpecMine (Only $180/min blink.gif )
This is too little money to compensate for the $15000 spent on the Transceiver. Just not worth it... either reduce the Transceiver cost or increase the money produced by the Transceiver (say, $1000/min).

>Nanites are ineffective on Phoenix ships (but can only repair drones)
Why not we remove the Nanite Gun entirely from Phoenix, since Phoenix will be getting advantages from its extra tech?

>Vanguards are effective in dogfights o_O (although I'd rather stick to the fighters)
I say we give a $500 cost for flying a Vanguard, as though they are like the powerful Lxy ships.

>Assault Base technology
This technology is present in the Phoenix but isn't in other factions. Either remove this tech from the Phoenix Order, or we can share this advantage with the other factions mrgreen.gif

>Attack Drones
Frankly, I don't think anyone has gotten Attack Drones on time; also, they are expensive and are against Allegiance's reputation of having human-controlled units. (miners and constructors are an exception: Don't you know it's boring to just collect Helium-3 throughout the game?)

>Nova Bomb (Aaargh!)
The last time I saw it in action, it acted like a cheat device... mad.gif

OTHER CONFLICTS:

>Belters have the 'strongest hulls' (They are only 5% stronger!)
Come on, you can do better than that! Let them have a 15% stronger hull. =)

>Gigacorp bases can be attacked by any ordinary and insignificant weapon. o_O
Remove this feature from Gigacorp, please!

>Gigacorp only has scouts as starting ships
I would be delighted if Patrollers/Fighters were added to the list of Gigacorp's starting ships.

MY QUERIES:
1.Why does Technoflux has such long research times? (10min research per tech)
Last edited by Supramence on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I can duel and dogfight. I'd like to have a role as a dogfighter, but I can't command well though." -_-
Andon

Post by Andon »

The tranceiver has the specmine money as a bonus, nothing else.

If you remove nanites from Nix, then they can't nan their cons, which is an integral part of the game.
ImageImage
Supramence

Post by Supramence »

I don't know, I think flying cover is more effective instead of nanning; distract the enemy bogey into a duel and away from the constructor, that's how I have been flying cover for constructors.

Also, if Noir still wants to keep the products of his creativity (including the Laser Blossom Mines and the fearsome NovaBomb) then we should convince him to remove all nanite repair systems from the Phoenix Order.

I cannot help thinking that my favorite faction (which I shall pledge allegiance to) is not as popular as other factions due to it being infamous.

P.S.
Yesterday I ran into an enemy Laser Blossom Mine and it fired its lasers - a few hit me, but I survived! Must be beginner's luck, eh?
Last edited by Supramence on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can duel and dogfight. I'd like to have a role as a dogfighter, but I can't command well though." -_-
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

Supramence wrote:
QUOTE (Supramence @ Mar 4 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Phoenix scouts have superior sensors, then why do we need a recon drone?

why not? perhaps they like scouting, so they made better sensors and more things to scout with
>Transceiver acting as a SpecMine (Only $180/min blink.gif )
This is too little money to compensate for the $15000 spent on the Transceiver. Just not worth it... either reduce the Transceiver cost or increase the money produced by the Transceiver (say, $1000/min).[/quote]
its a bonus, if it gets changed, it should get changed to 0 not more
Why not we remove the Nanite Gun entirely from Phoenix, since Phoenix will be getting advantages from its extra tech?[/quote]
nan util ships + bases...
>Vanguards are effective in dogfights o_O (although I'd rather stick to the fighters)
I say we give a $500 cost for flying a Vanguard, as though they are like the powerful Lxy ships.[/quote]
they were cheese (don't know about now any more), noir had to find a way(s) to tone them down
>Assault Base technology
This technology is present in the Phoenix but isn't in other factions. Either remove this tech from the Phoenix Order, or we can share this advantage with the other factions mrgreen.gif[/quote]
why can't they have their own special things?
>Attack Drones
Frankly, I don't think anyone has gotten Attack Drones on time; also, they are expensive and are against Allegiance's reputation of having human-controlled units. (miners and constructors are an exception: Don't you know it's boring to just collect Helium-3 throughout the game?)[/quote]
*shrugs*
they are expensive because you are effectivly paying to increase the number of players on your side, ones who can folow un-eyed enemys and have perfect aim
>Nova Bomb (Aaargh!)
The last time I saw it in action, it acted like a cheat device... mad.gif[/quote]
HOD
OTHER CONFLICTS:

Come on, you can do better than that! Let them have a 15% stronger hull. =)[/quote]
it is noticeably stronger
Remove this feature from Gigacorp, please![/quote]
what is wrong with that? you shoot something and it takes damage.
giga is cheap and doesn't bother paying for proper hull plating.
fits with the whole paper hulls thing
I would be delighted if Patrollers/Fighters were added to the list of Gigacorp's starting ships.[/quote]
how is this a conflict?
giga is cheap and to cut back on costs don't provide people with fighters for free
MY QUERIES:
1.Why does Technoflux has such long research times? (10min research per tech)[/quote]
its 6 mins, and to be different.
and long research times can be advantageous to a factions economy

bios is 10 mins

Supramence wrote:
QUOTE (Supramence @ Mar 4 2008, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know, I think flying cover is more effective instead of nanning; distract the enemy bogey into a duel and away from the constructor, that's how I have been flying cover for constructors.

any vet will ignore you and kill the con/miner
P.S.
Yesterday I ran into an enemy Laser Blossom Mine and it fired its lasers - a few hit me, but I survived! Must be beginner's luck, eh?[/quote]
you weren't lucky they just suck vs small ships
Last edited by madpeople on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rand0m_Numb3r

Post by Rand0m_Numb3r »

Pheonix is ment to be overpowerd because it has the Greatest nerf in the DN core lack of naning pioleted ships.

Yes even with that they are over powerd but there are alot of reasons behind that, the main one being that people havent been able to proporly weild a combatnanless faction.
Beyond the clock tower.
Dark_Stalion

Post by Dark_Stalion »

EDIT: double post. Sorry.
Last edited by Dark_Stalion on Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoot the nans.
Dark_Stalion

Post by Dark_Stalion »

>Strong shields (25% stronger than regular shields) and weak hulls (10% weaker)
Interceptors do not have shields, and the Phoenix Order consists of ships with weak hulls. Might as well drop the idea of ints being with Phoenix. Besides, there is vulcan tech for 'Nix, yet ints cannot mount them... am I right?[/quote]

This is the reason they have large shields, their rather pathetic hulls.

If you know how to fly interceptors, use agility, and make use of their obsenely flat attributes then you can easily bypass this rather annoying flaw.

Oh btw. The Phoenix Order's interceptor can in fact mount the Vulcan Cannon. If you let the enemy afford a Transciever, Advance tech base, Starbase, Heavy Ints, The appropriate gun upgrades and sectors needed to mine and buy vulcans + other tech like Medium Assault Shield 3, you need to lose.

If Phoenix scouts have superior sensors, then why do we need a recon drone?[/quote]

What does it matter? They are a major drone producing faction. They are the most advanced in all drone technology, so I think they'd be smart enough to invent a drone that can do scouting for them without risking friendly pilots. Regardless of the fact it takes large amounts of money and time to research and produce, which balances out things a bit, wouldn't you say? :-)

>Transceiver acting as a SpecMine (Only $180/min (IMG:style_emoticons/Pook/blink.gif) )
This is too little money to compensate for the $15000 spent on the Transceiver. Just not worth it... either reduce the Transceiver cost or increase the money produced by the Transceiver (say, $1000/min).[/quote]

Money made in the Transceiver is merely a bonus, a reward if you will. A reward for buying something that the enemy has foolishly taken to long in preventing you from buying. The only thing the Transceiver is used for is for buying special tech anyways, aside from the fact it's a launchable station that acts as a refinery that can be ripped to. If the enemy lets you earn enough money to buy this then you're probably going to win anyways.

Why not we remove the Nanite Gun entirely from Phoenix, since Phoenix will be getting advantages from its extra tech?[/quote]

You might as well just get rid of their miners and cons to. No nans = wtf screwed. Their cons and miners can be repaired if you get what I'm saying.

I say we give a $500 cost for flying a Vanguard, as though they are like the powerful Lxy ships.[/quote]

You have to spend outrageous amounts of money just to RESEARCH them. if every pilot on your team needs vanguards to actively attack the enemy without failing (if out-teched rather) then you'd be paying more than you'd need to JUST to give a pilot an attack craft. That would truly suck.

>Assault Base technology
This technology is present in the Phoenix but isn't in other factions. Either remove this tech from the Phoenix Order, or we can share this advantage with the other factions (IMG:style_emoticons/Pook/mrgreen.gif)[/quote]

You act almost as if you have a problem with the fact that Phoenix has it's own different tech.

Besides, if the enemy lets you afford these, then you deserve to lose.

>Attack Drones
Frankly, I don't think anyone has gotten Attack Drones on time; also, they are expensive and are against Allegiance's reputation of having human-controlled units. (miners and constructors are an exception: Don't you know it's boring to just collect Helium-3 throughout the game?)[/quote]

They cost alot of money. It's a Drone faction. These drones also help power up the nanless, and lower hull aspect of this faction.

>Nova Bomb (Aaargh!)
The last time I saw it in action, it acted like a cheat device... (IMG:style_emoticons/Pook/mad.gif)[/quote]

If you let the enemy get enough sectors and credits to perform the Nova Ritual of Death, then you deserve to lose. As far as cheating is concerned, it's not cheating, it's the same thing as the HOD exept with a less range.

OTHER CONFLICTS:

Come on, you can do better than that! Let them have a 15% stronger hull. =)

Remove this feature from Gigacorp, please!

I would be delighted if Patrollers/Fighters were added to the list of Gigacorp's starting ships.[/quote]

The belter hulls are already incredibly stronger than every other hull.

GigaCorp's bases come enhanced and cost less than half of any ordinary base. You don't think they need to be nerfed?

If you're considering adding Patrollers AND fighters then pick one of the two. Having all three would be a bit much.

MY QUERIES:
1.Why does Technoflux has such long research times? (10min research per tech)[/quote]

Actually BIOS has a 10 minute research time. Technoflux have a 6 minute research time. The reason for this is because of their strength and the tech costs which is less than half normal costs.
Shoot the nans.
CronoDroid

Post by CronoDroid »

For God's sake people, are you $#@!ing blind? What do Transcievers build on? Think. A He3 rock. He3 rocks regenerate their He3 over time. Therefore the money is there to compensate losing a He3 rock.

On the topic on Ass Bases, every faction has unique things about them. What the hell are you thinking? Giga Figs can't mount nans, TF scouts can't act as small rips, etc.

Also, TF have a 0.75 tech cost. They also harvest He3 twice as fast. If they researched any faster with their powerful endtech, they'd be stupidly broken. This is true for all TF in the past DNs.

Aside from this, I agree with your ideas on Giga. They should have stronger bases, starting patties and standard carriers even. Also, put in a Lxy Patty, triple the base Patty's fuel, and give them an extra missile. Compleat.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

I believe TF research time hasn't been changed since it's implementation. IIRC it was one of the only nerfs to TF that veggy had in.
CronoDroid

Post by CronoDroid »

Veggyfish isn't a real big fan of nerfs, is he?