Rix Station Drones

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
HSharp

Post by HSharp »

Nerf Rix Station Drone range

this means no longer will you get the base under attack message after the base is dead which just annoys the crapola out of me.

Its either this or increase the sig of Rix SBS!
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

that only happened because of Rix Adv Exp + Adv Tac

normally rix sbs are eyed when attacking station with only sig 3 and SD2, but since we had sig GA 2 and PW RANGE GA 2 we were able to stay a couple hundred meters away from where we woulda got eyed and drop SD2 that could nail your base

basically i'm saying by the time Rix can drop a station drone outside of detection range you really have only yourself to blame

that game especially since we continuously mined 4 sectors with regen only while you had adv sfs and util 2
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
Death3D

Post by Death3D »

A nice compromise would be queueing the "Station at risk" warning by just having a Station drone show itself on a secured sector.
One short sleep past, we wake eternally and Death shalt be no more; Death, thou shalt die! Image
blackrob

Post by blackrob »

Death3D wrote:
QUOTE (Death3D @ Feb 16 2008, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A nice compromise would be queueing the "Station at risk" warning by just having a Station drone show itself on a secured sector.

I think that's reasonable, since station drones don't show up on minimaps either (not saying they should).
Gandalf2

Post by Gandalf2 »

I wonder if this is a core change or a code change?
spideycw - 'This is because Grav is a huge whining bitch. But we all knew that already' Dec 19 2010, 07:36 PM
blackeagle0001

Post by blackeagle0001 »

The option isnt there to give a "Station at risk" warning when a station drone is sighted, no option in ICE.

Dunno if it could be implemented by changing ICE.
Adam4

Post by Adam4 »

"Warn on deploy"

Not sure if that is only probes though.
Psychosis

Post by Psychosis »

what about a TP probe? those warn on drop, i dont see why you couldnt do the same thing for a rix SB drone

also, if you seriously let rix get both and ADV EXP and ADV TAC, you deserve to lose
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Yeah, the tp warning will work. Station drones are a special class of probe, but still a probe, tp2 even shoots stuff as well. It's just another flag you'd have to check.
Last edited by Adaven on Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
blackeagle0001

Post by blackeagle0001 »

Adam4 wrote:
QUOTE (Adam4 @ Feb 22 2008, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Warn on deploy"

Not sure if that is only probes though.

Ahh.. Must have an outdated version of ICE then, thanks, Adam.