GoD II R5

Discussion / Announcement area for Good Old Days II Core development.
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

rojomojo915 wrote:
QUOTE (rojomojo915 @ Feb 5 2008, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But, I feel like thats a bit of an over nerf on the IC rescue probe, maybe reduce scan range to 750, not 500 if you are gonna raise the sig so much?

I know that opinions are never supposed to be wrong, so I'm sorry to say this... yours is wink.gif

This tweak just gives the RP same parameters as an EWS1... which can rescue pods, so it's still a Probe++. Now about the only real core that has the original, bat@#(!-crazy, retardedly broken RP of 1.25 is DN.

Rest of tweaks looks fine, Grimm. Maybe the exp costs will need dialing down slightly, but only time and gameplay will tell.

*stamps seal of approval*
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Well, now get the squads to play the core and gimme feedback. smile.gif
If you downloaded the core before, please redownload, I had to change something (oder of ship selection):
http://web24.s5.okayspace.de/Allegiance/GoDII_05.igc
Last edited by Grimmwolf_GB on Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jgbaxter

Post by jgbaxter »

Sector overload limit to 50 (was 36); Drones count as 0.5, players count as 1; might get increased/decreased over time, it needs testing[/quote]

Couldn't just double it eh? rolleyes.gif

Aside from that GoD became my 2nd favorite core, I'm sure it'll reach #1 soon. mrgreen.gif
n.b. I may not see a forum post replied to me or a pm sent to me for weeks and weeks...
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

jgbaxter wrote:
QUOTE (jgbaxter @ Feb 7 2008, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Couldn't just double it eh? rolleyes.gif

I don't know how it affects overall gameplay if too many people are in a sector. Doubling it was too much for a first test.
Paradigm2

Post by Paradigm2 »

Grimm, Increase the cost of ICs Exp tech base to 12.5 k and the upgrade to 40k.
-Paradigm2
Gandalf2

Post by Gandalf2 »

Paradigm2 wrote:
QUOTE (Paradigm2 @ Feb 7 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Grimm, Increase the cost of ICs Exp tech base to 12.5 k and the upgrade to 40k.

Agreed, I can't see how making the best (an cheapest?) hvy ints slightly more expensive and everyone else's hvy ints a lot more expensive (well, $5000 more than IC's increase) counts as abalance - it's creating a bigger imbalance as far as I can see.

Not that I mean to be over-critical. I like the RP changes smile.gif

More testing!!
spideycw - 'This is because Grav is a huge whining bitch. But we all knew that already' Dec 19 2010, 07:36 PM
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

I wont change that until I got some sort of real game feedback. The changes were proposed for months now and no-one said anything about it, ...
Hitting IC with a 12500 penalty because of a 5K advantage at the moment is a bit too much anyway.
I asked for the current version to be uploaded to AU, it should be there soon, I hope.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

"Int whores" wrote:$#@!!
Paradigm2

Post by Paradigm2 »

Ok, think of it in percentages Grimm.

33% increase to all other basic interceptors interceptors can translate into a 33% increase in the cost of the IC Exp.

Lets round down, make it cost 13000.

Then, a 25% increase in the cost of heavy interceptors can translate into a 25% increase in the cost of upgrading IC Exp:

So, upgrade goes to 37500.

Then, all exps are proportionally the same expense increase.
-Paradigm2
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

Old Expansion (standard): 111000
New Expansion (standard): 141.500
Change in costs: +27,5% increase

Old Expansion (IC): 98.750
New Expansion (IC) : 119.000
Change in costs: + 20,5% increase
Cost of New Expansion with the 27,5% price increase: ~125.900
Difference in credits: 6900

If anything, the change in costs should be 6900 max. One could divide the costs by upping the IC Exp prize to 12K and increasing the cost of the IC Exp Upgrade to 35K. Anything more than that would be a disadvantage for IC. But if you argue like that, one would also have to look into the new IC TAC prizes as well as the IC SUP prizes. I guess I better not rush that change.
I need some games to be played on the core, before I can think about balancing it again...