WIP

Discussion / Announcement area for Star Wars Core (SWC) development.
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

Alright. So the alpha core is broken.. I have been working on the remedy for this problem. So far so good.

There will be a drastic change in the structure of tech as well.

Planned changes:

Supremacy designated as Factory
    Expansion designated as Armory
    Tactical designated as Research & Development

In essence.. this is what happens.

Supremacy will be required to research better starfighters/ medium craft. All fighter/bomber/shuttle class will reside here.
Expansion will be required to research better weapons/ all mountable parts. All mountable parts will reside here.
Tactical will be required to research +GAs. All GAs will reside here.

Shipyard will be required for capital ship research.

In order to get the shipyard, you will need to build 1 of the 3 Techbases. The upgraded mountable parts for the capital ships will be in the Expansion, along with all of the parts for the small fighters. In order to get a Drydock, you must have 1 Techbase Advanced. Then access to better capital ship research will be available. To use mark3 mountable parts on the capital ships you will need an Adv Expansion and a Drydock.

Other changes:

Boosters removed, ships will accelerate faster and have higher top speed
Empire will start with TIE Fighter
Rebels will start with Z-95 Headhunter
Bombers will not be researchable in the garrison, they are in the Supremacy along with the rest of the small/medium class
Miners will be tougher due to lack of nan support versus clusters of enemies
Constructors will be tougher for the same reasons
Ship side thrust ability will be reduced
No boosters = no fuel
No particle weapons = no ammo
Turbolasers fire slower
Imperial lasers fire at same rate as Rebels
Imperial blasters fire at same rate as Rebels
# Missiles per slot will be reduced on a broad scale
Missile damage will be increased on certain
Missile reload time will be increased on a broad scale
Mag pulse missile will launch and accelerate and track very fast/well
Concussion missile will launch and track very fast/well
Proton torpedo will launch very fast
Heavy rocket payload increased, possible dual loads on bombers
Space bombs will be added, these are slow to launch, slow to accelerate, poor track antibase bombs, possible dual loads on bombers
Laser damage may be increased
Ion damage may be increased
Blaster damage may be increased

Since cargo space is no longer cluttered with ammo and fuel, I think I am justified in reducing missiles per slot, but will compensate with fast reload times, and higher payload missiles. Countermeasures will likely be important since sidethrust ability will not allow you to dodge "Dumbfire" type missiles so easily. Emphasis will now be on having wingmen to back you up, since boosting around in circles killing multiple people will not happen unless you are in a much superior fighter with superior weapons.... etc

"Recon" type vessels may very well be the most entertaining as they can probably outrun pursuit if needed to.

New Items Planned to work on soon

Z95 Headhunter (mentioned)
T-Wing
E-Wing (different model)
R41 Starchaser
Missileboat
Millennium Falcon
Slave I
Turboion cannons
Advanced Concussion missiles
Advanced Proton torpedos
Quad turrets
Twin turrets

Wish List of Items to Add Later

Proximity mine
Imperial Landing Craft
Skipray Blastboat

Corvette "Rebel Blockade Runner"
Lancer Frigate
Corellian Gunship (WIP)
Carrack Cruiser
Nebulon-B Frigate
Modified Frigate
Strike Cruiser
Dreadnaught
Assault Frigate

MC80 Home One
MC80 Liberty
MC80A
MC80B Mon Remonda
MC90

Interdictor
Victory Star Destroyer I
Victory Star Destroyer II
Imperial Star Destroyer I
Imperial Star Destroyer II

SSD? I have heard General Trageton and someone are attempting. Many of these items are way off in the future if I will ever get to them. My main concern is getting the current ships in, and having the core stable.
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Andon

Post by Andon »

Do you have ALL of the bases from the deleted factions? If not, then it will still crash the servers.

Also, that tech tree looks a lot like the BSG one, just swap tac and exp.
ImageImage
Death3D

Post by Death3D »

Those GAs and parts better be damn good to make me not go Factory every time.
One short sleep past, we wake eternally and Death shalt be no more; Death, thou shalt die! Image
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

Solaria wrote:
QUOTE (Solaria @ Jan 29 2008, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you have ALL of the bases from the deleted factions? If not, then it will still crash the servers.

Uhh. Is that confirmed? And why, if so.

Are you telling me I have to add GIGA BELTERS IC BIOS and RIXIAN base models to the station list?

EDIT

Done.

Okay.

Yes.. getting a supremacy will almost be a given, otherwise you will have only your starting ship.. and possibly SY. Bomb rushes will not be possible, such as they are.
Last edited by Weedman on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Andon

Post by Andon »

I suggest making each of the techbases buildable on all special rocks, and perhaps lower the cost of them. In BSG core, it's nearly essential to have both Sup and Tac - The question is not exactly what you're going to get on the funds you have, but what you're going to get first. Also, since it seems that you're not going to have ship=killing tech in every base, you're likely going to have to lower the cost of the GA station
ImageImage
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

Using all tech rocks may be a good idea. Never a certainty of there being supremacy rocks
Weylin

Post by Weylin »

If you can change the tech base name, cost and graphic it might help to prevent confusion so people dont go all out EXP just to be disapointed by the fact they dont instantly win by getting interceptors.
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

You can't change the name in f5, that's hardcoded, but different pictures would be nice.
Last edited by Adaven on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andon

Post by Andon »

The rock images and rock names and rock types are all determined by the code
ImageImage
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

so far so good I have the gas and parts rearranged, ships also