XRM

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

2 per rack. Or else we'll have to shorten the load time, but not the arm time.
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
Evincar

Post by Evincar »

i'd say, triple or quadruple their weight. tada! problem solved!
Classifiable up to Trolleomorphism.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

Then people will start loading them in their interceptors and ramming things.
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

If you want scaling balance, I like the $$$ per missle idea. It will either force runs to use fewer bombers (and thus fewer missles in the air- same effect as lowering capacity) or force few drops to begin with, buying the other team more time to kill the sup.

Subnote - Make XRM's require a starbase?! Sup teams don't use XRM until Starbase anyways, but it gives the enemy another target to destroy that will get the XRM threat off their back. Then XRM's are just as effective at killing bases, but are a little bit more vulnerable to being lost.
Last edited by Adaven on Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
wizard58

Post by wizard58 »

Ok we all know u can shoot down Xrm's so i suggest this : make XRM's travel at lower speed and fewer per rack say 2-3 xrm's / rack , make them arm slower and lower their hitpoints , that way u can shoot them down with any AOE weapon like skycap/EMP cannon .
If u lower their speed and make them arm slower u can counter XRM runs by placing 1-2 tower's near a base witch will automatically shoot down incoming missiles .
Problem solved rolleyes.gif
Last edited by wizard58 on Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takingarms1

Post by takingarms1 »

If you lower the # of XRM per rack to 1 or 2, how do you reconcile the fact that in a 10 vs 10 they will be totally nerfed, while in a 30 vs 30 nobody will notice the difference? I didn't think that was the desired result.

$$ per missile is an interesting idea, tho.
"You give my regards to St. Peter. Or, whoever has his job, but in hell!"
- - - -
Evincar

Post by Evincar »

i say, give them thrice their weight and the bombers will be completely unhandleable, making it easier to kill em
Classifiable up to Trolleomorphism.
Kumquat

Post by Kumquat »

Ya'll are failing to see how much you have to spend to get them. You have to up your sup and gar. You have to buy bombers and heavy bombers, you then have to buy XRM's and suggest getting the Missile upgrades. You then have to buy every bomber that goes out. If you want to TP drop them you also have to buy TP1 and then TP2.

Compare to exp. Buy TT Upgrade exp, buy HTT and SRM EMP. Complete. Tac. Bomber, up tac, SF. SB. And again, youhave to spend more on bombers for one run and TP's than you have to spend to do multiple runs with exp or even tac. Add to this exp is the one with the economy upgrade.
takingarms1

Post by takingarms1 »

I think the minimal response to that kummy would be that you need to buy all those things anyway to make tp2 drops, and the only additional purchase is the XRM missiles.
"You give my regards to St. Peter. Or, whoever has his job, but in hell!"
- - - -
parcival

Post by parcival »

Kumquat wrote:
QUOTE (Kumquat @ Jan 13 2008, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya'll are failing to see how much you have to spend to get them. You have to up your sup and gar. You have to buy bombers and heavy bombers, you then have to buy XRM's and suggest getting the Missile upgrades. You then have to buy every bomber that goes out. If you want to TP drop them you also have to buy TP1 and then TP2.

Compare to exp. Buy TT Upgrade exp, buy HTT and SRM EMP. Complete. Tac. Bomber, up tac, SF. SB. And again, youhave to spend more on bombers for one run and TP's than you have to spend to do multiple runs with exp or even tac. Add to this exp is the one with the economy upgrade.
My thoughts exactly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
" There is good in everyone. You just need the eyes for it. "