XRM

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
Rand0m_Numb3r

Post by Rand0m_Numb3r »

I have never seen someone dumb enough to try and use XRM in a small game, sy is usually off anyways. There is always a better way to kill a base than having 6 bbrs TRY to xrm something because they will fail assuming the enemy is not retarded.
Now that you have been notified of the common sense that excludes a popular counter point to nerf we can move forward.

For the most part i agree with spidy here

also 300+ too fast to counter other than preventing the enemy from getting tec/tp-drop/money

in the mean time gt lrm-ab needs buff
Beyond the clock tower.
DrBeginner

Post by DrBeginner »

Heres an idea.

Take away XRM, Make PP's for scout use only, Nerf INT scan range to near zero.

Problem solved.
I loose my motivation to help out more and more each day to drama like this. Which is why I am mostly /meh on this point. I will continue to play as I always have, with the morals I have been rasied with and if this community finds they don't like myself and others like me who just enjoy playing the game with their friends on TS or squadies, then they can ban us and my Warhammer account, Girlfriend, and IRL activities will get a lot more attention and will thank them.
-TheVoid

I am DrB and I approve of this messege.

takingarms1

Post by takingarms1 »

You mean the "ints are fun" problem? Yeah, that would really take care of that issue.
"You give my regards to St. Peter. Or, whoever has his job, but in hell!"
- - - -
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

not that Noir listens to me in particular anyways, but for my two cents i say tie XRM to starbase, that way a turtling AdvSup team dosen't get the 1 sector win cheese but leaves the SUP end game intact

if you gotta get rid of XRM then do something about pulse probes on the hvy ints (idk what but taking them away entirely from ints dosen't sound too horrible)
Last edited by DasSmiter on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
Death3D

Post by Death3D »

XRM int bombing, Das?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally and Death shalt be no more; Death, thou shalt die! Image
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

that sounds completely useless

be like putting a dog and a walrus next to each other on a space station, they just look and go "WTF is that doin here?"
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
Death3D

Post by Death3D »

First LMAO

But yeah, distance disorganizes people making them come one by one. Get in with 3 bbrs and 4 ints through an aleph 3k away from target base, bbrs spam XRMs, ints kill guys who come one by one, shield regen undoes damage tongue.gif
One short sleep past, we wake eternally and Death shalt be no more; Death, thou shalt die! Image
DrBeginner

Post by DrBeginner »

You do realise you DO need a starbase for heavy bombers. Only Hvy bombers can carry XRM's.
I loose my motivation to help out more and more each day to drama like this. Which is why I am mostly /meh on this point. I will continue to play as I always have, with the morals I have been rasied with and if this community finds they don't like myself and others like me who just enjoy playing the game with their friends on TS or squadies, then they can ban us and my Warhammer account, Girlfriend, and IRL activities will get a lot more attention and will thank them.
-TheVoid

I am DrB and I approve of this messege.

DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

i thought you kept hvy bombers if you lost the Starbase

p.s. shows how many times i've been in that position lol
ImageImageImage
Rand0m_Numb3r

Post by Rand0m_Numb3r »

A good point.
SBS are weaker than XRM.
Why?
A large reason.
Ints mount PP.

Not saying to do anything here because it crazly would give a vauge rock paper scissors to the tec paths, counterable viva teamork as usual though. People want ints=win.

I know your not going to balance the scout tec like GoD it would be nice but i doubt it,
but please make them NOT have 4 pps per rack its a tad over the top being the same size as prox wouldnt mean a more balanced tac vs PP/hvyScouts just 5k pps alone is a very large disadvantage

Noir keep the super ints they are fun but dont make them solo miner killers so you can be the leader of the Seymore hate squad smile.gif you get a very nice chair
Beyond the clock tower.