XRM

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

Need a nerf.

Discuss
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

Well. If you consider the exorbitant amount of money needed to reach TP2, and to be able to do it effectively (game ending effectively), there's SO MANY blocks that are already in place.

A) Kill miners. This wins any allegiance game. No miners = No chance in hell to win.
B) Whore down their supremecy and kill it before it's too late. A smart expansion team can easily push a con to the enemy sup and camp kill it. Motivate your team to get their ass in gear and get to podding big fat fragile figs.
C) In the event you discover they have a starbase, you should be trying to kill their miners/starbase/supremecy with even more fervor. If you're not making any strides to do so... well.
D) In the event that you fail at all of the following, TURTLE. Say you put your techbase midhi on HiHigher. You get 3 People in combat ready ships, 1 on each aleph atleast, (a scout loaded with prox is not a combat ready ship) that can chase down and kill tp2 scouts on entry. Scouts with the combat ready ships may or may not be neccessary.
E) If all else fails you should have your team probing rocks and/or getting ready to kill the probe as soon as it is deployed, with an effective counterattack ready once you repulse the offensive. If they are just down to 1 supremecy and they want to tp2 while you still have 2 tech bases left. Sacrifice one techbase. Kill theirs and win.

And F) Above all else, the reason why XRMs and TP2s are so powerful is because of lack of organization. Sometimes pick up teams can not get their heads out of their ass. Sometimes you just don't have a-list players. Get your team to focus. If they can not focus on a simple task such as A, B, C, D, or E; #resign.

P.S. When I say 'you' I'm not referring to you Master Spidey. I'm referring to general commanders who might jump on the XRM is too strong bandwagon.

XRMs can slaughter the team that is not prepared. The commander must be ready for all situations, if not, they clearly need to work on their commanding.
Last edited by Drizzo on Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
Defiance

Post by Defiance »

post by drizzo - i rate it -1,000,0000 out of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00

Yes you went negative..
Fragtzack wrote: Yes, your right Defi...for once.  :lol:
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

is it XRM you dont like Spidey? or just TP2 + XRM?
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
takingarms1

Post by takingarms1 »

Like all things sup, XRM balance gets all wonky when the team numbers get huge.

On balance, it also sucks monkey balls when team numbers are low.
"You give my regards to St. Peter. Or, whoever has his job, but in hell!"
- - - -
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

Maybe force XRM to be a result of SRM3 research, not SRM2

What else though spidey? I mean you can shoot down the missiles, you can find the scouts, you can even kill all the rocks in the system so they dont have anywhere to hide.
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

Its just XRM I don't like. In my opinion it unbalances the end game of sup.

I mean how many times have we seen an XRM run of 20 + Bombers. You cant stop that. There is not any other tech you can get that lets you destroy bases from 3.5k away. Of course you CAN shoot down the missiles but good luck shooting down 20 missile waves that are luanched every 2 seconds.

You can ATTEMPT to find the scouts but as we know thats not always successful. Many times when I am tp2 dropping for xrm I'll just fly my scout right to the rock and not even waste time hiding in the sector and immediately drop.

Blowing up the rocks is a valid tactic BUT in my opinion Seismics should be moved to the garrison instead of being under tac.

Do address Drizzo's points: I find it amusing how you say "an exp team can..." What about tech paths that are NOT exp?

If XRM's are overpowered then TP2 + XRM are just SUPER overpowered.

The other day I was in a game where the team I was on had base 5k from the enemy base. The enemy just launched 20 bombers and managed to xrm our base even with our own defense scrambling. That has nothing to do with no probes or sneaky tp 2 drops or just huge uber bomb runs. It doesnt really take teamwork like capping mass sbing or huge bomb runs with 25 nans. All it takes is people launch afking until they are 3.5k away and rightclicking
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

Just apply all of the arguments against galvs here. Unless something is changed drastically, Galvs and XRMs will suck hard in small games but stay dominant in large games.

TB
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
[18:48] <Imago> dont take me seriously
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

Perhaps suggest a way of ballancing it then.
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

I dont think there IS a way to balance them, unless they code in some way for the core dev to decrease damage as the number of people playing increases. Not balance them at least in the way spidey wants....

Maybe significantly decrease the number of XRM's a bbr is able to cary? If it only could carry 1 or 2 a rack, it would be better I think.