Dreg and the big game

Discussion / Announcement area for Good Old Days II Core development.
Sgt.Pepper

Post by Sgt.Pepper »

From ICE:

Dreg -> Ship Hull=0.85 / Ship Shield=0.9
Giga -> Ship Hull=0.85 / Ship Shield=1

Hmm...
That's why i love canada, best time zone for gaming without the handguns. -vly
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

The dreg hull felt like i was shooting giga.

SR scouts were fine energywise, but with that large of a game it was amazing to be able to have figs everywhere there were scouts once we got our sup up.

Stinger was amazing too once we upp'd it, no problems at all.
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
Gandalf2

Post by Gandalf2 »

Lol thanks pepper, that's just wrong, having worse than giga. They're better than giga on DN aren't they?
spideycw - 'This is because Grav is a huge whining bitch. But we all knew that already' Dec 19 2010, 07:36 PM
Sgt.Pepper

Post by Sgt.Pepper »

Interestingly, on DN 4.60:

Dreg -> Ship Hull 0.9 / Ship Shield 1
Giga -> Ship Hull 0.85 / Ship Shield 1.1
That's why i love canada, best time zone for gaming without the handguns. -vly
gr4vity

Post by gr4vity »

Well if it was only the hull. But Dreg Hvy Scouts with Gat2/Seeker2 are barely able to pod Belter SBs atm laugh.gif

Dregh -
* Lowered energy from 115% to 90%
* Lowered PW range from 100% to 90%
* Reduced missile tracking from 125% to 100%
* Lowered PW Damage from 100% to 95%
* Lowered missile damage from 110% to 100%
* Increased miner capacity from 75% to 80%
* Increased He3 Speed from 65% to 75%
* Lowered he3 yield from 135% to 120%
* He3 refinery hull/shield increased by 10%
* Many different models[/quote]

Right now, Dreg has a terrible economy + pretty much useless lt Ints to start with + very easy to hit scout models. Not matter which tech path they choose it got effected by the nerf and in addition to that they still have to deal with rather high techs costs. Especially going Expansion to get the GA's for a normal PW dmg/range/ better yield and eventually Ints with mini2 requires stupid amounts of cash.

So what advantage is left to even bother playing this faction expect.. its erhm speed?

Regards
grav@RT cool.gif

ps: the he3 ref hull increase didn't seem to have any effect we lost all 3 of 5 He3 mines to solo galvers.. (while naning the base mrgreen.gif)
ImageImage
"WyldKarde@RT: It's like the Picard Manouver, but with more hair."
pkk

Post by pkk »

Grav, AdvTech (Galvs, SBs, HvyInts) wins games, not HvyScouts and he3 mines... wink.gif
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
gr4vity

Post by gr4vity »

I explained before the game that I would like to rush SmallShield3/Hvy Scouts to counter Belter Tac / our general blindness and get fast miner offense. With your knowledge about the core you could have warned me that they are useless mrgreen.gif

Apart from my commanding mistakes. You know as good as I do that the game was already lost when we got spec's. Cornered and out teched as we were it would have made no difference at this stage. We had 2 options from my pov:

1) Trying to mine scraps in 3 empty sectors away from base to save ~45k (with no home rip left and a constant flood of sbs)
2) ..to invest 19.5k and trying to get 10 HvyScouts with nan2 and prox to defend a static target near our techbase.. (instead of 10 nans we got 1 so we lost most of our spec mines against solo galvers who sneaked through the prox camps on the alephs mrgreen.gif)

Anyway - I took the blame for the zg loss already and this might be the wrong place to discuss it.

Regards
grav@RT cool.gif
ImageImage
"WyldKarde@RT: It's like the Picard Manouver, but with more hair."
Kltplzyxm

Post by Kltplzyxm »

BUMP
pkk

Post by pkk »

Mr. Kltplzyxm wrote:
QUOTE (Mr. Kltplzyxm @ Apr 15 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BUMP

Very helpful feedback. rolleyes.gif
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.