Cadet I documentation

Gandalf2

Post by Gandalf2 »

So I go to the alleg academy, then I click "Cadet I - Newbie guide", fine. Then I click "week one index" and it opens in a new tab, then I click on a topic in this new tab, and that opens in yet another tab. Can't we keep it all in one tab/window rather than having 3? In reference to the "week one index" I see it says

All pages will open in new windows so you can keep this one open for reference purposes.[/quote]

but, it is easy enough to get to this by clicking "week one guide" anyhow, I don't see why another window/tab is necessary.

Just a minor gripe tongue.gif
Last edited by Gandalf2 on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spideycw - 'This is because Grav is a huge whining bitch. But we all knew that already' Dec 19 2010, 07:36 PM
BlackViper

Post by BlackViper »

1. Notice there is a link, "Start here" for each week? That is the one that goes page by page.
2. The index was designed so someone SEARCHING for a topic could go flip to the index to look for a different page. They have the index still open to refer back to if they wanted to get to another page.

I did it both ways based upon page view drilldowns over the last year on the Academy. Some folks do read page by page. Some folks go and look up a specific topic, read it and leave.

I give them both options smile.gif
Always in the Shadows...