Tech tree and vehicles

The land-based version of Allegiance, under construction.
radruin

Post by radruin »

I like the AA rocket launcher idea. Does it lock on in the traditional sense, like in Allegiance? Or is it laser-guided? (I've been playing Half-Life 1 lately, and I'm enjoying taking out helicopters with my good ol' laser-guided rocketlauncher).
Last edited by radruin on Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE (Cadillac)Does that mean that dying is effectively a perma-ban from the "Life" server?[/quote]
the_dare

Post by the_dare »

you could give all guns a feature thats makes them very effective against vehicles and not very affective against infantry and vise versa for vehicles.

this isn't that stupid as it would balance things out more and it is the future so we can get away with it!
Last edited by the_dare on Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
finnbryant

Post by finnbryant »

erm, its somewhere between the 2 really, i suppose its laser guided, but the computer guides your gun for you.

basically, you aim the gun at the aircraft, then right click (hold down), which locks on, meaning your view follows the aircraft around until you take your finger off the button or it leaves line of sight by going behind a mountain or something (it also restricts your view to the center of the screen, like your looking through a scope), then you left click to fire a rocket. you must stay locked on until the rocket hits or it will stop tracking.

note that you can fire a rocket without lockon, it just goes forwards, if you lock on while you have a rocket in the air, the rocket will suddenly change direction and follow.

this is just an example btw, change as you see necessary, but this is ver effective.

the problem with laser guiding is there isnt a trustworthy way of gauging the z axis (ie, how does the rocket know where along the laser it is supposed to hit?) ive seen laser guiding in games before, and its fun, but it would be annoying for aircraft as if the laser is just off the side, the orcket will fly off into nowhere. thats why this is so good, because the computer is basically guiding the gun for you, it all works out.
Last edited by finnbryant on Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radruin

Post by radruin »

Okay, we can do that then.
QUOTE (Cadillac)Does that mean that dying is effectively a perma-ban from the "Life" server?[/quote]
redavian

Post by redavian »

I know im a newbie to the forums, and i never post (until now, first one), but this is my view on what the tech tree for quantus should be, its in bad order. btw, hover is a kind of cloak, as camo cloak alone makes you invisible, but hover makes your tracks disappear also. Hvy hover makes tracks dissapear and the ability to cross water. all tech paths are allowed on foot, with the exception of exp, which gets a mechsuit. pods are when the vehicle has exploded, or when the shield of the troopers battle armour has been destroyed. "pods" can still pick up weapons, powers up and enter vehicles.
Quad bikes and motor bike can be exited at any time, tanks and dropships cannot. medics, engineers, scout and troopers all have combat shields and armour.

Tactical Laboratory
Sniper/Sniper 2
Stealth Bike
L.e Hover
Util Cannon
Stealth Trooper (marksman)
C4 (same as support version)
Camo Cloak

Upgraded Tac
Sniper 3
Adv Stealth bike
L.e hover 2/3
Util Cannon 2/3
Adv Stealth Trooper
Camo Cloak 2/3
Hover Tank (sb)

Garrison
Adv motor bike
Probe 2
Tank (bomber)
lt dropship
Machine Gun 2
Hvy Hover 2
Minefield 2
Aleph resonater 1
Cash box
Grenade 2

Upgraded Garrison
Hvy motor bike
Probe 3
Hvy Tank
drop ship
Machine gun 3
Hvy hover 3
Minefield 3
Aleph Resonater 2

Support Station
Medic (a trooper that can pick up pods and teleport them back to base + heal all vehicles and infantry,comes free)
Engineer (lays traps, can use all grenade types, and can board and take over vehicles)
Nan 2
Medic Quad (a speedy quad that medics use to pick them up and drive them to base)
Fusion Welder
C4 plastic explosive
SMG

Advanced Support Station
Hvy Medic (can use the power-up gun to replenish energy lay c4)
Hvy Engineer
Nan 3
Adv medic quad
Powerup Gun
Fusion Welder 2
Smg2

Supremacy Centre
Hvy machine gun 2
Infantry Armour
Anti-Air Rocket
Anti-Tank Rocket
Bomb(requires grenade 2)
Troop Transport
Anti-shield gun
Small shield 2
Turbo 2/Turbo 3
Quad Bike/Quad bike2

Advanced Supremacy Centre
Hvy machine gun 3
Infantry Armour 2
H.T.T
Anti-Shield gun 2
Small Shield 3
Turbo 3/Hvy turbo
Hvy Quad

Expansion complex
Minigun 2
Mechsuit
Pulse Probe
Anti-base Shell 2
Napalm bomb (requires grenade2)
Enh Dropship
FlameThrower
Xrm ab shell

Advanced Expansion Complex
Mini3
Hvy Mechsuit
A.B3
Hvy Dropship
Flame Thrower 2

ps. i left the ga's out, im to lazy, and i think you get the general idea.

EDIT BY RAD: Fixed the rather grievous formatting errors, and the American spelling (center? pshht.) A noble effort was made at formatting this like a 2-column chart, but the forum didn't like this and screwed it all up
EDIT BY REDAVIAN: I didnt know the forums screwed columns up, as i said, its my first post. thanks for that
Last edited by redavian on Mon May 19, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radruin

Post by radruin »

Bump for extreme re-formatting of above post tongue.gif
theTroy

Post by theTroy »

EXP : HTTs, infantry, defensive not very mobile tech

SUP : tanks, helis

TAC : infantry hovercrafts..

Garr : Basic tech. Maybe some sort of tanks as well. Id rather have pummels in garr tongue.gif

why do we need support station? =-o. Just bump it into SY ^^
Thank you parci :)
finnbryant

Post by finnbryant »

SY? no

i personally like his idea of a support station, but if its decided that is should be removed, stick the stuff in the garr.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

There wont be any starships or normal ships anyway. mrgreen.gif
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
theTroy

Post by theTroy »

why no have SY be a support yard? tongue.gif But actually think about it :

SY :
artillery (hell why not),
Big carriers, which can carry tanks and even htts. (no ripcoding though)
and tech, maybe even tech for all of the rest of the techs, more like a research station I ought to say.
Thank you parci :)