Documentation ZoneLead

Tigereye

Post by Tigereye »

It's become clear to me that I simply do not have the time to be both the community administrator and the documentation lead. Although I enjoy doing documentation and have been the "keeper of the knowledgebase" for a while now, I think it is time for me to pass the torch on to someone else who can devote the time that is necessary for this position.

I have contacted a few of you in private to get a feel for who might be interested in taking over this position from me, but have not made any decisions for it.

I'm posting this request to anyone who reads it: Who is interested in becoming the documentation zone lead?

Things you should be very clearly aware of:
  • The DocLead sounds like an easy job, but it is time consuming.
  • A keen attention to detail is a must for anyone in this position
  • A wide vocabulary and strong grammar skills are a *MUST*
  • An overall "birds eye view" is also necessary for organization. This job can't be done piecemeal unless you've got a plan you are working towards
  • This job takes time!

If you are interested in being considered a candidate for the ZoneLead position, please send me a PM with the following information:
  • Why you want to be Documentation ZoneLead
  • What you intend to do as Documentation ZoneLead
  • Any particular long-term goals for docs you may have
  • Any credentials/degrees/diplomas/etc you may have that you feel would help (not necessary - I don't have an english degree!)
  • A paragraph or two explaining why *YOU* are the perfect candidate for this position
Before you rush off to PM me, I want to make sure you are aware that this position, like any leadership role in any community/workplace/etc, will require your time. If you are a very busy person, this job may not be for you (yes: I used the word 'job'). In addition, everyone who crosses the line between "player" and "leader" in this community or any other will notice a drastic change in how everyone acts around them, or treats them. Be warned that your Allegiance life ingame will never be the same since everyone expects so much more from you.

Anyways. If you've heeded these warnings and still think you are the right man for the job, send me a PM now - even if you are one of the few who I've already spoken to about this. I need to know that you're still interested.

--TE

The Allegiance community currently hates their sysadmin because he is doing: [Too Much] [____________|] [Too Little]
Current reason: Removing the PayPal contribute page. Send Bitcoin instead: 1EccFi98tR5S9BYLuB61sFfxKqqgSKK8Yz. This scale updates regularly.
Tigereye

Post by Tigereye »

TheBored is now the documentation ZoneLead.

Follow his lead when figuring out what to do next.

--TE

The Allegiance community currently hates their sysadmin because he is doing: [Too Much] [____________|] [Too Little]
Current reason: Removing the PayPal contribute page. Send Bitcoin instead: 1EccFi98tR5S9BYLuB61sFfxKqqgSKK8Yz. This scale updates regularly.
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

/waves

For now, life continues as usual. Feel free to bug me if you need something done or have any questions wink.gif

TB
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
[18:48] <Imago> dont take me seriously