VoSCore Difflog

Discussion / Announcement area for VoSCore development.
Your_Persona

Post by Your_Persona »

Gappy wrote:
QUOTE (Gappy @ Sep 17 2007, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TF does NOT have the DN 4.60 damage nerf. In fact, all PE weapons deal equal (and I believe in one case more) damage to their PW counterparts.

TF and Bios need testing, quite frankly. If they're too weak, they'll be perked as needed, but I will not reduce their research time.

The light gunship is intended as a cripple to balance out bios GS cheese. No other faction besides Bios has to research the Lt. gunship before the regular gunship.

The He3 yield GA was removed because the Exp economy is already vastly better than every other economy, primarily because you have to buy such few technology to be effective.

Until the files are put on AU, you can find them at http://pk.dras.us/users/Gap_Dragon/VoSCore%20Files.zip

You might as well just remove gunships then. no com is gonna wait 20 min for gunships and have to pay for a lt version. I'll have corvs in 27 min.. who cares about gs in 20 min?
-->>Elitism<<--
I'm not Hamlet. I don't take part any more. My words have nothing to tell me anymore.
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

YP, there are no corvettes in this core.
Fragtzack

Post by Fragtzack »

Looks like fun to me! Looking forward to trying this out!

I think we are all highly awaiting to try this:
"Seismic missiles now deal ~90% more damage"
The most highly anticipated and needed change ever!

Hmm, who is that voob that would always run around killing tech rocks...Think he got banned a few times for killing friendly bases when FF was on too. Maybe rename Seismic missle to his name..

Seriously, tac looks to have some really nice perks. I like the exp nerfs and the sup buffs. Belters got crapped on, Dreg looks pretty uber again. (old models, drool) Interesting to see how this pans out.

Did belts really need a 10% increase to ship size? Hate belters much? geez.
Terralthra

Post by Terralthra »

In testing, the 10% model size made a marginal difference, not nearly as much as you might think. It was another way to balance out belter tac and the high sidethrusting ability most belter ships have. Belter tac is acknowledged to be very strong, mostly due to the quick time to SBs (good econ, cheap ship tech) and the durability of belter SFs and SBs. Without reducing the hull, this makes belter SFs and SBs slightly easier to kill.
mcwarren4

Post by mcwarren4 »

For one game, I fell back in love with sup. I haven't checked out the overall balance but it sure was fun. I like what I see so far Gappy.
Image What Allegiance needs is a little more cowbell. Image
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

There has been some dissent that Exp is too weak on this core.

I highly believe it's because the other tech paths were brought up to snuff, exp no longer requires 2-4 int whores to win a game, now you need everyone to work together, and ints need to stay close to a base or else they'll get stranded with no ammo or fuel -- WHICH IS THE PURPOSE OF AN INTERCEPTOR.

Flame me, Ints feel right on this core.
Last edited by Drizzo on Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

Booo sup core!
mcwarren4

Post by mcwarren4 »

Yeah Shiz, but I would fear XT rix sup on this core. You guys are great at swarming. I've been told every scout is a ripscout.
Image What Allegiance needs is a little more cowbell. Image
Adam4

Post by Adam4 »

Nice work, the only thing I can see which might present a problem is the light gunships. However, testing will testify wink.gif
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

I really miss the MS rix scout swarms.