ICE Missile bug

Core Editor
Andon

Post by Andon »

In the BSG core, I have changed some of the ships that once had missiles to having no missiles. And after I did that, they stopped working in DN.

The ships are as following:

Colonial Advanced Scout (DM, non DM), Colonial Scout, Cylon advanced scout (DM, non DM)

All were able to mount Anti-Fighter Missile 1 (USed to be Seeker 1) and SRM Dumbfire 1. Those missiles were removed and then the bug started.

I tried to put the missiles back on and it still crashed on start of a DM game.
I tried deleting the ships and it still it crashed on start of DM.

The ships work fine in Conquest mode, but as soon as I turn off development, it crashes. The server doesn't crash - Just Allegiance.

I did not notice this bug until recently (I'm currently on backup number 101) and I found when it started and it was at backup 45. If anyone could help me fix this in the most recent version it would be very helpful
ImageImage
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Mmmm, Sounds like you screwed up, Check the default loadouts on the ships, this sometimes causes issues in game, especially if you deleted a missile which was a "default" loadout on the ship, the default loadout will have "error_Unknown_object" in the place of where the item was under the default loadout. ALso make sure DM ships have the DM tag.
Andon

Post by Andon »

DM ships do have the DM tag, and the loadouts are correct.

I have not deleted any items, as a few of them screw up the core if you do, so I simply set them to a pre that isn't def'd by anything.

I was told by Bard on the RT IRC to specify it was the 'ICE Missile Bug' as someone knows an easy way of fixing it.
ImageImage
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

andon if you could send me the core to look at for ya i will see if i can spot anything. A fresh pair of eyes sometimes help. I used to get adam4 to do that for me. wink.gif

Apo
Andon

Post by Andon »

I've spent 2 days looking at it, and I've used several utitilites. I've found the differences, but it cannot be changed with ICE.
ImageImage
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Andon wrote:
QUOTE (Andon @ Aug 26 2007, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've spent 2 days looking at it, and I've used several utitilites. I've found the differences, but it cannot be changed with ICE.

Well i suggest you speak to KGJV since he created ICE. "if" there is an issue im more than certian he will fix it. I for one have never come across it.
FreeBeer

Post by FreeBeer »

Are you using the most recent version? There's been a few updates recently. Can be found here.
[img]http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/st ... erator.gif" alt="IPB Image">

chown -R us base
Andon

Post by Andon »

Yep. 3.30
Last edited by Andon on Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

need to debug your core. Send me it so I can see where the problem is.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Which version of it? I know where it starts, so I could send you the one just before it and just after it. Or I could send you the current one. Hell, I could probably send you all of them.
ImageImage