ICE 3.30

Core Editor
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

http://drooky.free.fr/dracula/ICE330.zip

New in 3.30:

* removed "16 bits desktop resolution" limitation. ICE will now always display images whatever the desktop resolution. (about time! laugh.gif )
* fix in missiles: icon can now be changed
Andon

Post by Andon »

The 'model' part in the 'missile' section doesn't seem to change anything - in order to get the missile shape to change you have to change the loadout model/image. It seems that the 'model' thing is useless (Unless it serves a purpose that I have yet to find). I don't know exactly what is controlled by the core or what is controlled by Allegiance's code, but is it possible to have the 'model' be the physical model and the 'loadout model' be the image in the loadout screen? This seems to be what is intended but it doesn't seem to be working properly.

Oh, and the missile images are skewed a bit for me.
ImageImage
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

Andon wrote:
QUOTE (Andon @ Aug 5 2007, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 'model' part in the 'missile' section doesn't seem to change anything - in order to get the missile shape to change you have to change the loadout model/image. It seems that the 'model' thing is useless (Unless it serves a purpose that I have yet to find). I don't know exactly what is controlled by the core or what is controlled by Allegiance's code, but is it possible to have the 'model' be the physical model and the 'loadout model' be the image in the loadout screen? This seems to be what is intended but it doesn't seem to be working properly.

Oh, and the missile images are skewed a bit for me.

yeah there is an inversion between 'model' and 'inactive model'.

The inactive model ('model' in ICE) is the 3D model used to render the missile when it is floating in space (treasure or dropped from cargo).
The model ("I. model" in ICE) is the 3D model used to render the missile when it is flying (launched).

There is no 'loadout model' in the loadout screen, only a bitmap which is always taken from the inactive model name with a prefix 'l' (a L not an I).
So if the inactive model ("model" in ICE) is 'mis07' than the bitmap loadout will 'lmis07bmp.mdl' but ICE wont display the good one because of the inversion.

I'll fix that later.

The only thing controlled by the code is the 'l' prefix (it's hardcoded that way).
Last edited by KGJV on Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andon

Post by Andon »

That makes sense then.

So, if I was to have a missile with the model of 'Fig02' I would have to make a bmp.mdl called 'LFig02bmp.mdl'?
ImageImage
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

Andon wrote:
QUOTE (Andon @ Aug 5 2007, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That makes sense then.

So, if I was to have a missile with the model of 'Fig02' I would have to make a bmp.mdl called 'LFig02bmp.mdl'?

yes and for simplicity, just set 'fig02' in both model and inactive model (to avoid confusion till the fix).
Andon

Post by Andon »

Thanks. It makes sense now.
ImageImage
Andon

Post by Andon »

Is there a reason that there is no EW damage modifier?
ImageImage
FreeBeer

Post by FreeBeer »

For EW damage tables (or any gun damage table) you look at the projectile that particular gun fires. It's the projectiles that have the damage modifiers.
[img]http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/st ... erator.gif" alt="IPB Image">

chown -R us base
Andon

Post by Andon »

I didn't state clearly enough - in the faction modifiers - There is PW range, EW range, Missile range, PW damage, and Missile damage.

Logically, there would be EW damage as well, but there is not.
ImageImage
aarmstrong

Post by aarmstrong »

PW Damage GA affects the EW Damage GA. They are one in the same. Truth be told, I don't know why we don't just call it the "Weapon Damage GA".

I don't think Noir still has it, but A+ used to have the Exp GA labeled "PW/EW Damage 1" to help clarify the issue.
Doing easily what others find difficult is talent; doing what is impossible for talent is genius. -Henri-Frederic Amiel