Exp too powerful?

Discussion / Announcement area for Good Old Days II Core development.
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Exp isnt overpowered in GoD, It's just Tac is practically useless, The cloaking time on stealth fighters and bombers is disgustingly bad. You might want to look at that first. I'd say for the most past sup is fine, and exp is fine.
BlackViper

Post by BlackViper »

Reduce the scan range on IC rescue probes!
Always in the Shadows...
Elephanthead

Post by Elephanthead »

No kidding, either give them a higher sig so they can get blown up, or reduce their scan range to zero, ic does not need the added perk of invisable probes, its not like they don't get enough play. BV is a genius. Double the price of expansion tech bases, problem solved, the purchase of the base and the cost to upgrade. Exp is the uber tech, it should cost more, plus bios exp sucks anyways. Also get rid of one cargo slot on interceptors.
Grimmwolf_GB

Post by Grimmwolf_GB »

(If you are wondering why I don't reply: I want more suggestions!)

(The IC Resc probe needs to be fixed, that's true)
BlackViper

Post by BlackViper »

If you want a real scare, look up in TEK the sig and scan ranges for the IC RP. Up the sig, kill the scan.
Always in the Shadows...
Gappy

Post by Gappy »

Just so you know, IC RP scanners/sig have been what they are since at least 1.25

(And yes, they are overpowered. Ever look at the stats on Technoflux beacons on DN? And you thought rescue probes were broken.)
Last edited by Gappy on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We've upped our standards. Up yours.
BeaerSidhe

Post by BeaerSidhe »

Hrm, I was going to ask, why not reduce mini gun dmg vs utility. But then I thought that wouldn't be very helpful when the enemy is flooding your turtle sector with cons.
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

BeaerSidhe wrote:
QUOTE (BeaerSidhe @ Jul 31 2007, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hrm, I was going to ask, why not reduce mini gun dmg vs utility. But then I thought that wouldn't be very helpful when the enemy is flooding your turtle sector with cons.

Been a long time since others & myself have proposed that miners should have a special hull only damageable by utl guns... That is: only tac can kill miners.

But this change is too much a revolution for the 'alleg republicans' (= the conservatives) laugh.gif
BobtheHobo

Post by BobtheHobo »

What if you just removed the int's scan range entirely. Thus they can only kill things in their own sectors or with scouts as eyes or pulse probes. Even if they ram the miner on the rock they still can't see it.
Will nan for food.
Paradigm2

Post by Paradigm2 »

One way to help Expansion is to fix the gunmounts on Supremacy... Some of the factions you can't hit anything will all 3 guns at once if you're sup.
-Paradigm2