BSG Core

Discussion / Announcement area for Battlestar Galactica Core development.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Well, it would probably be better to do an alternate universe where the Cylon infiltration had failed and it went to another 'Cylon War'
ImageImage
badpazzword

Post by badpazzword »

Huh, I think you can't have five turrets on a ship.

Just FYI.
Have gaming questions? Get expert answers! Image Image
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

won't it just have the same problem as the fig with 5 guns?

p.s. can't load up a different gun on the 5th slot
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
pkk

Post by pkk »

Just a question after playing around with BSG:

Turrets are useless, because you run out of ammo within secs.

Bomber: 1500 ammo (4 guns)
Scout: 1000 ammo (1 gun)
EnhFighter: 1000 ammo (2 guns)
AdvFigther: 3000 ammo (3 guns)
Basestar: 1500 ammo (4 guns)

Ammo usage:
KEW1: 50 bullets/sec
KEW2: 57.14 bullets/sec
KEW3: 66.66 bullets/sec
HvyKEW1: 40 bullets/sec
HvyKEW2: 44.44 bullets/sec
HvyKEW3: 50 bullets/sec

Imagine, a basestar is firing all HvyKEW3 at once. So he needs 200 ammo/sec, that will allow him to shoot for 7.5 secs.

Maybe it's wanted that way, I got no idea... wink.gif
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Andon

Post by Andon »

Oops... Bombers/HTTs/Cap Ships are supposed to have more ammo than Advanced fighters.

Right now, the Advanced Fighter (II) has more ammo than the Galactica.

It will be fixed!
ImageImage
Andon

Post by Andon »

The current files can be found at:
http://www.bcedev.com/Andon/bsg/bsg_artwork.zip
http://www.bcedev.com/Andon/bsg/bsg0.25.igc

There is a server up in the Beta lobby. I think it works
ImageImage
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

Hi Andon,

I gave this a play, and everything seemed to work as you have described. A few notes:

* Those eject pods are fast. REALLY FAST. 150mps fast!
* Are the scan ranges on scouts increased to make up for bigger sectors? It seemed to take a bit to find aelphs, and in one case I had to fly all around to the back side to find a particualy hidden one.
* Combat was frustrating, not becaue of the fast ammo loss or reload expendeture. We had a bit of lag and because of the shot spread (we were cylons) I couldn't hit a thing unless I was within 200-300m. Otherwise, no good. When I did hit tho, it was instant death for my target. (Intentional?)

* Big issue: When flying the base star, I was in a turret, and my gun didn't fire, but I could aim. When the pilot fired the main guns, then I could aim the shots from my turret but I had no control over when it was firing or not. Is that just a bad weapon mount marker on the model?

* When both side had maxed fighters (level 3 everything) the cylons were unstoppable. With the armor plating, I was rolling over every coloninal out there, and we we tested it on a miner the miner died in about 7 seconds.

* When armor plated, if anything hit a cylon fig, it would die. The armor plating must have a huge mass to it.

For playability, you might consider making the weapons a little less powerful so that combat takes longer than a few seconds per engagement. Consider how long a like ship v like ship combat is in the other cores, and maybe tune it similarly. Accuracy to the series specs is great, but rapidly ending combats arn't that much fun for either player IMHO, but I'm just one player. See what others think!

Your models look sweet!
Last edited by BackTrak on Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Andon

Post by Andon »

BackTrak wrote:
QUOTE (BackTrak @ Nov 2 2007, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Andon,

I gave this a play, and everything seemed to work as you have described. A few notes:

* Those eject pods are fast. REALLY FAST. 150mps fast!
* Are the scan ranges on scouts increased to make up for bigger sectors? It seemed to take a bit to find aelphs, and in one case I had to fly all around to the back side to find a particualy hidden one.
* Combat was frustrating, not becaue of the fast ammo loss or reload expendeture. We had a bit of lag and because of the shot spread (we were cylons) I couldn't hit a thing unless I was within 200-300m. Otherwise, no good. When I did hit tho, it was instant death for my target. (Intentional?)

* Big issue: When flying the base star, I was in a turret, and my gun didn't fire, but I could aim. When the pilot fired the main guns, then I could aim the shots from my turret but I had no control over when it was firing or not. Is that just a bad weapon mount marker on the model?

* When both side had maxed fighters (level 3 everything) the cylons were unstoppable. With the armor plating, I was rolling over every coloninal out there, and we we tested it on a miner the miner died in about 7 seconds.

For playability, you might consider making the weapons a little less powerful so that combat takes longer than a few seconds per engagement. Consider how long a like ship v like ship combat is in the other cores, and maybe tune it similarly. Accuracy to the series specs is great, but rapidly ending combats arn't that much fun for either player IMHO, but I'm just one player. See what others think!

Your models look sweet!

Eject pods are fast for bigger sectors. Scan ranges are larger as well. They lack a little bit because I don't want them super-powered. Alephs are also farther out.

Combat is more like jousting than anything else. The high damage is meant to compensate for the difficulty in hitting.

Base star turret is probably a model problem.
ImageImage
terrenblade

Post by terrenblade »

It's a verry intresting problem though, Please findout how you did it and post somewhere smile.gif
Mad? Oh yes, quite mad.

Vader shot the nans first.
Vemarkis

Post by Vemarkis »

I'd love to play this core, but there are no servers up for it. Is anyone planning to put one up sometime?